www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New Website

New Website

*Hi!! I am in the process of creating a new website that sells an aray of merchandise. Being new to the industry I have many copy right questions as well as legality issues. Do I have to get approval from the manufacturer inorder to sell their product online? Also, are there different laws for different states regarding auctions? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as well as any advice. Thank you!

Re manufacturer approval: Not really, but if you have to ask that question then I have to ask where are you getting the goods from if not the manufacturer?

There are different laws in different states regarding the sale of online goods, with marketing tactics, and the posting of content though most concern themselves primarily with businesses located within that particular state.

Quote Originally Posted by Reli4nt
    Re manufacturer approval: Not really, but if you have to ask that question then I have to ask where are you getting the goods from if not the manufacturer?
    GOOD QUESTION!!

I suggest you check into your local Better Business Bureau (if you're in the USA) for help researching regulations regarding online auctions.
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Consult who you get products from. They should have license to sell them.

Thread Information