www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash Intro's

Question Flash Intro's

Can you guys suggest any good "FREE" programs for doing website Flash intro's? I want to make a cool and profesional flash intro for my site here:

http://kd7pyo.infinitypages.com

I know that I am probably going to have to make my own if I want it to match my site colors and stuff. Thanks to all!

I don't know any really free ones, but these are the main packages. They have 30 day trials.

www.macromedia.com - free 30 day trial but I don't know the limitations.

http://www.swishzone.com/ - free trial but it's only $50

www.koolmoves.com - free trial again but it watermarks. $30 I think. This is the easiest one to use.

get a hold of a program called "******* glanda" do a google search it will come right up

they have a bunch of customizable templates that work really well.

or try working through the templates that come with Flash MX, but I can't even figure them out, let alone the actual program

good luck

flash and swish take alot more than 30days to learn... ill tell ya that much

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by redsand198
    get a hold of a program called "******* glanda" do a google search it will come right up

they have a bunch of customizable templates that work really well.

or try working through the templates that come with Flash MX, but I can't even figure them out, let alone the actual program

good luck

Yes, ******* Glanda does it in an easier way, so many templates I have got.

But if you want to design your flash movie from the very beginning, I suggest you can try the SWF Quicker. It is much easier than Flash.

I'm just waiting for the F4L project to become beta, then
    life will be much better.

As far as Windows Flash Authoring:
    I say KOOLMOVES.

Only because Macromedia Flash MX 04 is freakin' insanely priced.
    Unless you acquired a registration key, but that's illegal, and some
    might even say it's unethical...

Go KoolMoves, I used to use it for a while, and there are a lot of
    built in text effects, which makes it sooo much better... kinda.

Good luck in your search!

ask someone

ask someone to help, go to sites like Flashplayer.com or the newgrounds.com forum and ask for help, or someone here could even help, i own flash but i'm not to good with scripting or art, but none the less i can do basic stuff. Just look around, that's what i did and i got somehelp learning flash scripting so intros are no problem

(p.s. if you want a good idea on some intros go to mortisland.com and check out the intro on the flash page and at the site start

I started with the flash mx trial. The package is fully featured and works quite well. It does take some learning though. If your unfamiliar with js, then you'll have some trouble getting the action scripts off the ground. F4L is free, but your not going to be able to do anything with it. It needs serious development still. If your a student you can get anything from macromedia wicked cheap. I got mx for 99$. Thats cheap compared to its normal 500$ price tag. I just don't think there is really any good substitutes for macros products yet. I've searched far and wide.

Swish is really easy! i brought it after my trail, only cost 35 GBP

check: www.jlg-designs.com for some of the flash i made from a novice within 2 weeks.

scrolling info

I just looked at Graphix's website as posted on the previous post. I also downloaded the trial of Swish and am wanting to know which direction to go to create something similar to his NEWS area...which scrolls through a handful of different text items. Is there a template for that type of thing? THanks.

Thread Information