www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to solve with this error System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Hybrid View

Exclamation How to solve with this error System.UnauthorizedAccessException

WHO CAN HELP ME SOLVE THIS ERROR
    WINDOW XP, .net2003
    USING DOMAIN TO RUN THE APPLICATION
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Server Error in '/WebApplication2' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webapplication2\37f71cbe\939c5907" is denied.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webapplication2\37f71cbe\939c5907" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webapplication2\37f71cbe\939c5907" is denied.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
    System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +632
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context)
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context)
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile)
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation()
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound)
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser)
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context)
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context)
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

I have had this error on many occasions. It is an ASP.NET security error.

But before...

As a rule of thumb, at least for me, I try not to create applications in the windows directory, especially in the framework. This is where .NET keeps all its goodies. I create a projects folder in either My Documents or on another drive not associated to the windows folders. This way, I can find my projects easier without fumbling through other windows folders.

For your error, try adding ASP.NET to the folder permissions. This might be difficult because yor project is in the framework folder for .NET.

But normally, you find the folder, right click and select Properties. Then...
    1. Click the Security tab
    2. Click the Add button
    3. Click the Locations button
    4. Find your computer in that list which is normally the top one, Click it and then, Click OK
    5. Click the Advanced button
    6. Click the Find Now button
    7. Locate ASPNET in the list that shows up, Click on it and Click OK
    8. Click OK again
    9. Find ASPNet in the list (should already be highlighted) and Click Full Control checkbox and Click OK

This will give ASP.NET access to the folder.

I hope this helps.
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), future Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) - May 2007

Programmer of ASP.NET 1.1/2.0, HTML, Classic ASP, CSS, SQL, JavaScript, VB, AJAX, XML.
    User of Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Studios, SQL Enterprise Manager

Sites: www.uscav.com, www.uscavonpoint.com

Thanks for reply the post. But i try to follow ur step but still cannot but i try below Solution then can de

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, use the ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe) to reset the ASP.NET ACLs. To run Aspnet_regiis.exe, follow these steps:1. On the domain controller, click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
    3. Type cd drive:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework, where drive is the drive that Windows is installed on, and then press ENTER.
    4. Type dir, and then press ENTER.
    5. Note the folder names that are listed, and then locate the folder name that begins with the letter v.

This folder indicates the version of .NET Framework that is installed on your computer.
    6. Type cd VersionFolderName, where VersionFolderName is the folder that you noted in step 5, and then press ENTER.
    7. Type aspnet_regiis.exe -i, and then press ENTER.

hi..........
    i m hving iis 7.5 and can get folder authorization to full access.......

Why revive an old thread?
    Good Luck

Santos Systems

Thread Information