www.webdeveloper.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: some crazy stuff happening with SymRealWinOpen undefined

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wixom, MI
    Posts
    292

    some crazy stuff happening with SymRealWinOpen undefined

    Hi to all reading

    ok first let me explain my setup, i am using css to position div tages on my site and in one of these i have main site content and in another i have a small ad box with adverts displayed in it, and another advert box at the opposite side

    i am using php to pull content from a database as to what ads are displayed in these ad boxes some of the content pulled is google adsense code and the main section pulls content from a database table too

    however we get into a problem when google adsens is suposed to be shown

    the advert box on the left of the main content goes all screwy and displays C"> C"> C"> several times and then a small section of text from the main page content also appears here, this doesnt always happen and it sometimes displays correctly its about half and half sometimesa little more problem than not

    i checked an error message at the bottom of IE7 and it said something was undefinedsomething to do with SymRealWinOpen of which is some code that seems to get added to the site by the browser and it appears after the closing html tags

    can anyone offer any suggestions as to what may be happening and how i might go about fixing it

    thanks
    Last edited by BWWebDesigns; 12-20-2006 at 09:50 PM.
    OriginalFundRaisingWidget - Free "Non Commercial" PayPal FundRaising Widget, for Charities, Organizations and Individuals, Hosted Free. Check It Out

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    19,326
    Sounds like you're outputting bad JavaScript.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

    eBookworm.us

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wixom, MI
    Posts
    292
    well see this is the thing

    i have only experienced this error on one specific section of the site even though the same code gets output to every page of the site in the same way

    the code is javascript directly from google and i have the same code on other parts of the site with no problem

    its just that one section on one page of the site and i see no other errors on that page or anything wrong that would cause errors ad its setup the same as the rest??
    OriginalFundRaisingWidget - Free "Non Commercial" PayPal FundRaising Widget, for Charities, Organizations and Individuals, Hosted Free. Check It Out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wixom, MI
    Posts
    292
    this is one of the affected pages

    i am using mod rewrite redirects to send this page link to a php page that loads the different articles based on which page etc

    http://www.learn-real-magic.com/arti...ent-part-1.htm

    the bottom left advertising box is the one with the problem and it only happens every few refreshes soemtiems it works fine and i cant understand why
    OriginalFundRaisingWidget - Free "Non Commercial" PayPal FundRaising Widget, for Charities, Organizations and Individuals, Hosted Free. Check It Out

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wixom, MI
    Posts
    292
    Code:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    var SymRealOnLoad;
    var SymRealOnUnload;
    
    function SymOnUnload()
    {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymRealOnUnload != null)
         SymRealOnUnload();
    }
    
    function SymOnLoad()
    {
      if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
         SymRealOnLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymRealOnUnload = window.onunload;
      window.onunload = SymOnUnload;
    }
    
    SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
    window.onload = SymOnLoad;
    
    //-->
    </script>
    This is getting inserted by something, inserted under the google code and as you can see there are 2 un terminated lines in the functions and that seems to be causing the problem possibly, as when i completely emove the code on that page from thata d box the other ad box gets screwed up instead

    and since i have no control over this code being inserted i dont know how to solve this, i have heard it may be a norton antivirus thing thats inserting it and if so maybe just my pc and others with norton will get this error but i dont really want anyone getting problems with the site not loading correctly due to an outside modification i have no control over
    Last edited by BWWebDesigns; 12-21-2006 at 12:54 AM.
    OriginalFundRaisingWidget - Free "Non Commercial" PayPal FundRaising Widget, for Charities, Organizations and Individuals, Hosted Free. Check It Out

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles