dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to convert html page in local m/c to pdf

Post How to convert html page in local m/c to pdf

Hi all,

How to convert a html page which is present in local m/c to pdf.Is there any API available.Does Icebrwser is used for this purpose? If anybody knows please help me.

We use Icebrowser to convert an url to pdf,but will Ice browser convert a html page in local m/c to pdf?

Thanks,
    Prabhath

m/c? Management Committee? Master of Ceremonies? Material Control? Measuring Core? Momentary Contact? Monaco?!?

Please take greater care to help us help you, otherwise we are both as lost as a giraffe on Galifrey.

If you were simply asking how to convert an HTML document to a PDF document, then OpenOffice is perfectly capable of opening HTML documents, saving PDF ones and being generally awesome at the same time.

Another way would be to open the page in a browser and print it to a PDF "printer" driver like PDFCreator.

Post how to convert a html page in local machine to pdf

Hi,

What you suggested is not what I am expecting.I am having a html page in the local mahine,using an API in a java praogram i will give the path of the html page so that it will get a pdf output of that html page.

Is there any API or any software available(It should be used by commandline)which should be efficient in convertinf html to pdf.What I mean to say is it should take less time for conversion.

Thanks,
    ptrabhath

So lets be really really clear here... you would like a piece of software, that can be run from the command line, that can convert an HTML document into PDF?

Such a thing probably does exist, what operating system do you intend to run it on and should it be written in any particular language?

edit Denature perhaps?
    Last edited by the tree; 12-27-2006 at 09:30 AM.

html to pdf

Try this. If this doesn't work try a google search for html to pdf converter (2,770,000 results).

Hi all,

I have seen denature(perl) suggested by tree but I am expecting in java.And I also tried PDFOnline as suggested by Sticks but that is used to convert html to pdf online.
    But I need an API,I will use this API in my java program,using the specific methods of that API I will convert my html which is present in my local machine itself to a pdf.
    Icebrowser is one such API to convert html to pdf.But it takes an url as input and convert directly to pdf.That is ok but my problem is not to convet an url to pdf but a html page in my local machine to pdf.My doubt is will Icebrowser takes a html(which is present in local machine)as input instead of url and convert to pdf?Is there any such API which will satisfy the needs as given above.Please help me.

Thanks,
    Prabhath.

I assume you want the rendered HTML converted to PDF, not the HTML source, right?

Hi frnz,

I got the answer for what I am searching,IceBrowser itself will convert local html tp pdf.Generally we know that IceBrowser will convert an url to pdf directly.

Using Wget we can convert an url(webpage) to html page(that web page becomes local html now).Using icebrowser we can convert local html page to pdf.
    If you open any html file in any browser in the top it will be shown like

Eg: If you have an html file(say a.html) in C:\\a.html

Open any browser got to menu bar on the top file-> open -> <give the path where that a.html page is there>

Now in the browser we get like (I have used oprera,you can use firefox also in the same way) "file://localhost/C:/a.html".It uses file protocol

Pass this "file://localhost/C:/a.html" in the icebrowser API,you can able to convert local html file to pdf directly.

Hi frnz,

Thanks for all who helped me regarding this especially "thetree" and "ray326" and all who replied.

If you wanna do that without any plug-ins you can use gmail or other emails. Just compose a letter(of course you can leave it empty) and attach the PDF files then send them to yourself. Check this email in “Inbox” then you can open the attached pdf files in html form. if you wanna save these complicated steps and find a easy way, you can google PDF to Html Converter and you will find many useful tools, or google how to convert PDF to HTML to get instructive articles. Good luck i can share with you a good image converter i am using now, it can convert html into pdf. good luck.

Thread Information