www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: swf button link not working

swf button link not working

I am using a few swf controls in my website ( http://www.earlychildgrowth.com )... There are buttons in the page which doesn't always work.. Its bewildering because for about 10% of clicks, they are working alright but otherwise they just dont work...
    Can someone tell ne how to resolve this problem or if it is a problem afterall???

We can't tell you anything without seeing a .fla file.
    If you can't handle the job then don't take the job or ask for help on it if you are getting paid for it.
    Web Developer's Handbook.::.Why Tables for Layout is Stupid?.::.Why I won't help you

Without seeing the FLA it's hard to tell, but the behavior in the browser is similar to the behavior which is experienced when no hit state has been created for a button while in symbol editing mode.
    Ryan Butler

Ryan Butler.org

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbutler
    Without seeing the FLA it's hard to tell, but the behavior in the browser is similar to the behavior which is experienced when no hit state has been created for a button while in symbol editing mode.
    I do have created the hit state. I am new to flash actually and followed the flash tutorial in the software itself.... I have one concern though. I have soecified the URL in only one state of the button, ie the "up" state. Because it allows me to specify only when some text is selected! as you see from my webpage. and not in the other states. COuld this be any reason?

Why use Flash buttons? Why not images with hover states? Will make loading slightly quicker and make the website able to be crawled my spiders and will make screenreaders able to read.

Quote Originally Posted by bathurst_guy
    Why use Flash buttons? Why not images with hover states? Will make loading slightly quicker and make the website able to be crawled my spiders and will make screenreaders able to read.
    So true. Especially because my website is brand new and I do not have any traffic yet. I think till I get some steady traffic and returning visitors I must not having flash. But I thought using hover states are more tedious than using flash which is cool. :-). Have to design 3 images and 4 lines for each image in flash!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kazuki
    I do have created the hit state. I am new to flash actually and followed the flash tutorial in the software itself.... I have one concern though. I have soecified the URL in only one state of the button, ie the "up" state. Because it allows me to specify only when some text is selected! as you see from my webpage. and not in the other states. COuld this be any reason?
    Great! Its working alright now :-)
    Thanks everyone :-)

Thread Information