dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to copy an entire form to clipboard?

yes, you can ad multiple functin calls to an onclick evenet. But, it may not be the most efficient. For example, if validation fails you don't want to continue. So, it wouold make more sense to have one function, if it passes, to call the next function.

I still don't understand why you are copying this to the clipboard. I thought you were using the form to post the data. Also, you could set up a global variable to set the fields and preferences for validation instead of passing all that data in the MM_ValidateForm function.

You just include semi-colon separated Javascript statements in the onclick= or just stick them all in a function and call that from the onclick so as to have less Javascript cluttering your HTML.

I dont want to open a new topic, so might you guys can answer my question about a clipboard.

Is it possible to get the image from the clipboard using JS and paste it in the web page?

Quote Originally Posted by sovik
    I dont want to open a new topic, so might you guys can answer my question about a clipboard.

Is it possible to get the image from the clipboard using JS and paste it in the web page?
    Maybe I am totally missing something here. But, why do you want to copy data to the clipboard, only to copy it back from the clipboard. There has got to be a better solution. Where exactly are you wanting the information from your form to end up?

mjdamato, I think you do miss understand something I just asked a question about a clipboard which has nothing to do with the main problemm. Probabbly it was a bad idea not to open a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdamato
    yes, you can ad multiple functin calls to an onclick evenet. But, it may not be the most efficient. For example, if validation fails you don't want to continue. So, it wouold make more sense to have one function, if it passes, to call the next function.

I still don't understand why you are copying this to the clipboard. I thought you were using the form to post the data. Also, you could set up a global variable to set the fields and preferences for validation instead of passing all that data in the MM_ValidateForm function.

The only reason I am doing the clipboard thing is cause I need something that I can use starting Monday, then from there I am going to try and get it to post to another program. I only do it this way because I imagined it would be easier that way. but if I can get it to send the information to another program easier by say clicking in a text field in a ticket then going to my template and clicking send, then I'd go that way now instead, but I have no idea where to start on that...I do not program for a living, but I want to and I am so rusty I can hardly remember basic HTML from memory anymore.

I just wish I could get all this wonderful code to work together, standa alone it works fine, but getting the clipboard function to work has been the bane of my existance!

LOL
    Last edited by LostCode; 01-04-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdamato

See, the simple things pass me like a supersonic jet lately

I hadn't even considered creating a variable to carry all that extra crap...

There has to be a way to copy to clip board in one bit of code. I cannot imagine that the creators of these programming languages haven't made anything like that.

Okay, so I can get all this info into a text area, now, how do I get it into the clipboard? I thought of trying to add somethign like onChange="execCommand('Copy')" to the textarea, but apparently execCommand('Copy') is not a "default" function...*sigh*

This is so frustrating...I am sorry to be such a pain.
    Last edited by LostCode; 01-04-2007 at 09:17 PM.

It works!

Check it out! Keep in mind, it only works in IE.

Any ideas how I can make it so the copy function will not run if errors are returned? I was thinking of an if else statement, but I am wondering what you think?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by LostCode
    Check it out! Keep in mind, it only works in IE.

Any ideas how I can make it so the copy function will not run if errors are returned? I was thinking of an if else statement, but I am wondering what you think?
    When write to new pape ? Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by thanhvudng
    When write to new pape ? Please help me

I am not sure I understand the question...

I have attached the semi-completed version of my template tool. Still working on how to make it paste into a third party program.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by LostCode View Post
    I am not sure I understand the question...

I have attached the semi-completed version of my template tool. Still working on how to make it paste into a third party program.
    Hi. I stumbled upon your code and am trying to use it for the same purpose of pasting the content on a logging software. below is the code that i created from your original code but it doesnt seem to work...please check on where i went wrong..thanks!

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>DTC Logging Tool</title>
    </head>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function updateDescription (frm)
    {
    var Template = ""

Template += "Service Tag: " + frm.ServiceTag.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "System Type: " + frm.SystemType.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "OS: " + frm.OS.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "***DTC Entitled*** " ;
    Template += "DTC Order Number: " + frm.DTCOrderNumber.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "Issue: " + frm.Issue.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "Troubleshooting Steps: " + frm.TS.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "HFN Tool Used: " + frm.HFNTool.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "DC Session ID: " + frm.DCSessionID.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "Cobro: " + frm.Cobro.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "NTP: " + frm.NTP.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "Heatcheck: " + frm.Heatcheck.value + "\r\n";
    Template += "NonSat Reason: " + frm.NonSatReason.value + "\r\n";

frm.holdtext.value = Template;
    Copied=frm.holdtext.createTextRange();
    Copied.execCommand('copy');
    alert('Information has been copied, right click and select paste or press ctrl+V to paste into Delta');

}

</SCRIPT>

<body align=center>
    <form id="DesksideForm" name="DesksideForm" method="post" action="">

<br>
    <table cellspacing="20" align="center"><tr><td valign="middle"></td>
    <td><font

size="+2"><b>DTC Logging Tool</b></font></td><td></td></tr></table>
    <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td valign="middle">Service Tag:</td>
    <td><input name="ServiceTag" type="text" id="ServiceTag" value="" size="30" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">System Type:</td>
    <td><input name="SystemType" type="text" id="SystemType" size="30" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">OS:</td>
    <td><input name="OS" type="text" id="OS" size="30" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">***DTC Entitled***</td>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">DTC Order Number:</td>
    <td><input name="DTCOrderNumber" type="text" id="DTCOrderNumber" size="30" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">Issue:</td>
    <td><input name="Issue" type="text" id="Issue" size="30" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="332" valign="middle"><label id="TS">Troubleshooting Steps:</label></td>
    <td width="365"><textarea name="TS" cols="50" rows="4" wrap="virtual" id="TS"></textarea></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">HFN Tool Used:</td>
    <td><label>
    <select name="HFNTool" size="1" id="HFNTool">
    <option value="" selected="selected"></option>
    <option value="YES">YES</option>
    <option value="NO">NO</option>
    </select>
    </label></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">DC Session ID:</td>
    <td><input name="DCSessionID" type="text" id="DCSessionID" size="30" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">Cobro:</td>
    <td><label>
    <select name="Cobro" size="1" id="Cobro">
    <option value="YES">YES</option>
    <option value="NO">NO</option>
    </select>
    </label></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td valign="top">NTP:</td>
    <td><input name="NTP" type="text" id="NTP" size="50" /></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td valign="top">Heatcheck:</td>
    <td><label>
    <select name="Heatcheck" size="1" id="Heatcheck">
    <option value="SAT">SAT</option>
    <option value="NonSAT">NonSat</option>
    </select>
    </label></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="332" valign="middle"><label id="NonSatReason">NonSat Reason:</label></td>
    <td width="365"><textarea name="NonSatReason" cols="50" rows="2" wrap="virtual" id="NonSatReason"></textarea></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="middle"><label>
    <input type="reset" name="Reset" value="Clear Template" />
    </label></td>
    <td align="center" valign="middle"><input type="button" name="copyform" value="Complete" onclick="updateDescription(this.form)"/> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <textarea name="holdtext" cols="100" rows="10" id="holdtext" style=visibility:hidden></textarea>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

I think there is a much easier and better way to do this than using the clipboard.
    cool design

Thread Information