www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: flash player that is not embed in page.

Question flash player that is not embed in page.

hey i am starting a web site which will have mp3 and video content. i would very much like someone to advise or give me links to resources where i can get a player to pop up when a audio or video link is clicked. i dont want the player to be embed in the page , just pop up when a linked is clicked. also would the server hosting these files have to have an extension which suports this.

any help or sugesion offered would be apreciated.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Cyber Youth; 01-04-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Most servers support mp3 and most should support Flash Video. If you not you can use htaccess to add the mimetype. Personally though I like this player: http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Media_Player
    Not sure if thats what you want though but its one of the most dynamic ones out there.
    If you can't handle the job then don't take the job or ask for help on it if you are getting paid for it.
    Web Developer's Handbook.::.Why Tables for Layout is Stupid?.::.Why I won't help you

thank you very much Aerospace you have certainly given me some persective on things. i like the player but i think i will rather a look that matched my site. i thing i will gogle dsigning your own players but if u know any good resources i would apreciate it if you could point me to one. thanks

If you downloaded the player you would realize that it has all kinds of parameters for changing the colors and display of the player so it can match your site.
    If you can't handle the job then don't take the job or ask for help on it if you are getting paid for it.
    Web Developer's Handbook.::.Why Tables for Layout is Stupid?.::.Why I won't help you

thanks aerospace for your help i really apreciate it. i am a high school student who is very intrested in webmatering. your help has truley profited me. thanks .

and continue to do the good work. maybe one day i will help others in the forum. i am already a fairly good graphic designer.

Thread Information