dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Identification of Visitors

Identification of Visitors

Hi friends,

I have a problem.

I want to send folks to various established websites via advrtising, but the clients and I need to know where the respondents are coming from geographically.

I could create an extension on each URL and that goes to the established URL, but it seems too messy. I would need about 100 extension for each established website to identify the 100 areas that respondent may come from.

Another issue with adding an extension is that the website is branded. www.IBM.com may not want www.IBM1.com, www.IBM2.com, et. seq.

Is there some creative way to aviod cluttering the brand's website name and identify the respondent's area?

Thanks

Do you run web statistics on your site? Most web logs track each user's server's geographical location.

KDLA

Thanks for the note, KDLA.

Does the location of the server identify the location of the indivudual?

My issue is this: I need to know which TV station's ad (from among several hundred TV stations) has caused the individual to respond.

Depends if the visitor is using a local service or national one (like MSN or AOL).

Have you looked into Google Analytics? http://www.google.com/analytics/feat...targeting.html

Thread Information