www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Technical Mumbo Jumbo

Technical Mumbo Jumbo

I submit a detailed list of the system requirements; these to be described as functional, non-functional, or domain requirements.

I also need to submit an architecture for the solution that you are proposing, together with the rationale for your selection. Details of the components required are not necessary, except at the level of identifying the components and their dependencies.

Can anyone dumb down this technical mumbo jumbo for me

Can you provide the context in which this was presented? Is this referring to a web server, or a computer for web editing?
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

its for a project in college i'm developing a website that connects to and manipulates a database

So...you want us to do your homework for you?

You will need a database (mysql, access are two of many) and a way to connect to your database and manipulate what's stored in there (php or asp)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Maximus
    I submit a detailed list of the system requirements; these to be described as functional, non-functional, or domain requirements.

I also need to submit an architecture for the solution that you are proposing, together with the rationale for your selection. Details of the components required are not necessary, except at the level of identifying the components and their dependencies.

Can anyone dumb down this technical mumbo jumbo for me

Ok, well it isn't that hard to understand. Your professor is asking you a pretty simple question, what are you doing, why are you doing it, and how are you doing it and be specific as to what it is, how it works, and why you choose to do it the way you did.

I've done a software requirments specificaton for him..hes pretty big into his documentation so i hope i've done it right..

can anyone give me an example of the domain requirments

Thread Information