I totally confused about IE behavior with anchor link, on Firefox everything work fine.
I have a Joomla page and a link to write comments: http://www.mazuronis.lt/bendrai-apie...d=9#komentuoti
but IE don’t scroll to anchor link, I have tried to use < a name=”komentuoti”></a>, then <a id=”komentuoti”></a>, even saw somewhere this anchor <a name="komentuoti" id="komentuoti"></a>
But nothing works in IE, so what is wrong, it so stupid thing that I even don’t know were to look more.
You code the link like this:
The "page.htm" is the file name of the page the anchor is on.
Actually, specifying the page name is not required and also doesn't fix the problem.
I am having the same problem. It seems that at least in some cases, IE will not follow an HREF to an anchor *unless* the user has actually clicked the anchor with their mouse... In my case, my site dynamically determines the anchor depending on a variable and then uses an HTTP redirect to attempt to send the user to it (without them actually clicking any HREF).
illegally-closed tag. This tag is invalid as~written, therefore, it does not exist.
Firefox may be 'kinder' and allow this, but brain-dead IE, to a fault, sometimes tries too hard to be correct and thus, fails to work...
Write it this way:
<body><a title="top" name="top"><!-- --></a>
And this should work. I added the 'comment' tag to make it validate (the "<!-- -->" part in any 'blank' or 'empty' tag is required, to validate.)
This works if the anchor is on the same page. Otherwise, re-visit KDLA's suggestion.
Thank you, but that did not fix my problem. The "top" anchor works in all browsers. but the top anchor links "Design Re−Engineer Landscaping Irrigation Maintenance Terraform Lawn Treescape Homescape Vertiscape Hardscape Lightscape Waterscape" do not work in IE 6 or 7. This site is laid out in Joomla and the anchor navigation at the top is in the section description and the refer to each of the articles. I can get it to work if I make it all one article but it appears to only be a problem in the IE browsers so I was hoping for a hack solution.
I did try the KDLA suggestion and it did not correct the problem.