www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: search form/database

search form/database

Hi all,

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time but am unable to find any answers.

As I am sure many of you are familiar with real estate websites in which property buyers and sellers can post their own buy/sell ads (complete with pictures, etc), and also for potential property buyers/sellers to search for and view these ads.

I recognize that there are 2 aspects to this project.

1) Creating a database that property buyers/seller can post their "wanted" ads in.

2) Creating a search form on which any potential property buyer/seller can click on various form options (that indicate which sort of property, price range, district, etc), click "submit", and be able to view a sorted list of properties possessing characteristics according to the searcher's selected search options.

Also, will it be difficult (or impossible) to add in a discussion forum to my website, seeing as how a discussion forum will also need to utilize a database. It wouldn't be the same database as the "wanted" ads" now, would it?

on microsoft frontpage it lets you build forums like this one we are talking in right now

Thread Information