www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to make 'em BURN!

Question Want to make 'em BURN!

I'd like to be able to get the flames on these two pictures to look like they are burning... how would I do that?

Brendi

they didn't come through

trying to get the flames on these two pictures to look like they are burning.... how do I accomplish this?

resolved

maybe they're too big... have to check into it & try again

Brendi

Unhappy trying again

hope it works.... nope! do pictures uploaded need to be in gif format?

Brendi

hi, try just uploading the images to imageshack (www.imageshack.com) or photobucket (www.photobucket.com) so we can have a look at them.

To get flames you could use flame brushes in photoshop (if you have it)
    for brushes try looking at www.deviantart.com

hope that helps

Okay nitrexoxide, I uploaded the pics to Imageshack (P1060414send & P1060437send) I do have Photoshop but I don't know how to animate the flames with it.

Brendi

The reason I asked you to upload them to imageshack is so we could see them. Do you have a link?

Anyway, do you want animated flames or just static flames? Animating flames will be alot harder but can be accomplished.

Anyway, to animate something simple, make the frames that you want to show in animation (ie in a banner, text that moves or changes) and make all the frames on differen layers. Then click the "edit in imageready" button. Make sure you have the animation and the layers box open (Window > Animation and Window > Layers ). Make the first frame layer visible and then click the new frame button in the animation box. (second from the right) Next make the second frame layer visible. Carry on until you have the whole image animated. To adjust the time for which you want the frame to be shown, click the little arrow in the bottom right of the frame in the frame box. Have a play around and you should get the hang of it in no time

Sorry, nitrexoxide.... should have gotten back to you sooner. I don't know the difference between static & animated flames. I don't have a link yet because my website is not yet on the web. Am going to try working around with the details you listed (but do I do this in Photoshop or ????)

Brendi

Do you mean like the PowerPoint animation (see attached *gif) (Would make a fairly kewl favicon too, eh?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

One of the gifs looks like a torch flame, the other is a ???? I'll try & see if I can get them to post here....

Brendi

No matter what I try, I cannot get them to upload....even if I try resizing them..........

Brendi

Thumbs up make 'em burn

Here we go.... I hope

Brendi

Brendi, those are not gif. They're jpg.
    The Old Sarge

You need to place this small screen capture in front of the one other that you uploaded. Then apply IE's WAVE filter and script it with a step button. Capture each sequence, perhaps 12 images in all, save them as .gif format and then, compile them as an animation with another program such as Microsoft .Gif Animator

i would suggest to:
    use a camera to take some real snaps of some flames
    layer the flame images on top of your original image (resize it so and rotate it so that the perspective looks real)
    then, clip out the flame and remove the background fr the flame image, transform / dsitort it and duplicate it with multiple layers until it looks real..
    try using multiply / screen effect.. and some eraser /airbrush should do..

Thread Information