dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please review my site d'r-studio

Hybrid View

Please review my site d'r-studio

I was checking my site statistics and saw that there was a reference made from this forum to link to my site, so thought I will just drop by and register and hope you guys will kindly review my new site

http://www.rayvolvez.com

It is xhtml, css, section 508, wai-aaa valid

Thanks..

Nice site.
    The graphics took a while to load on my T1 line -- makes me wonder how they'd do for dial-up.

KDLA

I agree with KDLA on both statments.
    It is a very nice looking site. Very professional. But I am also running on a T1 and it is a little slow for me also. Might want to double check your images. Good job though. Keep up the good work.

thank you

about the graphics, I have actually optimised and save as at only medium quality.. any suggestions?

thanks!

Btw.. I just need to check, if there's any ways I could check on how my site got referenced to this forum prior to my registration?

As mentioned earlier, found it in my website statistics..

Personally I'm cautiously fearful of being hotlinked or ripped as a designer.. which too explains well the real small size of images posted in my gallery..

You can do an advanced Google Search (the link next to the search box), looking for any page that contains the domain of your website.

That's how I check up on people linking to my freelance projects.

BTW - People can only post links to their own websites for reviews. So, it's highly unlikely that anyone is posting your website in a bad way. Usually, those types of links are usually as a reference, like "I want a menu like this (link), how do I do that?"

KDLA
    Last edited by KDLA; 01-23-2007 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks KDLA

any more comments/critiques?

I really like your site. The graphics are amazing.

From a usability standpoint-
    What do you want to accomplish when someone visits your site? Do you want them to fill out the feedback form? Give you some kind of a design job? Learn about your philosophy? It's not really clear to me. If you want the site to lead to jobs, you may want to make the path to "conversion" (or turning them from a visitor into a customer) more prominent.
    If your goal is to convert visitors into customers, you may also want to make your services more prominent.

Are the articles on the Articles page print articles or online articles? Do you have rights to put them online? If they were print articles, can you cite where they appeared? I expected links to the full print article when I saw it.

"The Personnel" link is only accessible from the "About" page. It could also go on your navigation menu.

Overall, great job -
    Mary

thanks for the advice..

sorry abt the articles.. i have not uploaded them yet.. they are written by me..

thanks for the compliments..

Thread Information