www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Dropdown menus

Dropdown menus

I'm trying to create a menu that when mouseover, a secondary menu drops down and that menu can perform links.

And what about people who, because of their disabilities, cannot use JavaScript or a mouse?
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

check out my site at this location - i use some code (details in the source) that's free for not for profits and is, IMHO, absolutely fantastic - so much so that i'm sending cash to say thankyou! It does exactly what you ask and is very easy to configure (just a bit of editing of the code in notepad).
    John

Originally posted by jpmoriarty
    check out my site at this location - i use some code (details in the source) that's free for not for profits and is, IMHO, absolutely fantastic - so much so that i'm sending cash to say thankyou! It does exactly what you ask and is very easy to configure (just a bit of editing of the code in notepad).
    You have no navigation at all on my browser.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

You have no navigation at all on my browser.
    Sorry about that - i try to keep up to date, and as such use technology that's fairly modern.

I'm afraid that its your loss, but given as you dont know any of my mates and therefore dont know anyone in the photos, i'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    John

Originally posted by jpmoriarty
    Sorry about that - i try to keep up to date, and as such use technology that's fairly modern.
    He is probably talking about you relying on fancy addon techniques as the ONLY means of navigation on your site and then providing it as an example of a greate method to use by others.

If you RELY on eg JS for navigation, make sure you provide a proper <noscript> section that links eg to a site map in plain HTML.
    // Stefan Huszics

Is it legal to use single quotes (') in tags, like here?:
    <meta name='robots' content='all'>

I'd say that the functionality to LOC ratio for that menu is very small and that ignorance for the JavaScript-disabled people is a sure sign of a lousy designer.
    Not all browsers are good. Some of them go bad.
    Not long ago, one of them went as bad as you can go. His hame was I.. I... Well, people usually say that he is a browser That Must Not Be Named.
    That browser killed many of our best coding conventions. It twists features. It knows how to counter-bug any of our designs. It is in possesion of a group of supporters so large that no other browser may stand up to it and live.
    But now there is a hope.

Site: http://nik-sergeev.com (wood sculpture).

Originally posted by King Pellinore
    [B]Is it legal to use single quotes (') in tags, like here?:
    <meta name='robots' content='all'>
    Yes, as long as you remember to use them in pairs like ' ' and " "

This also implies that you can do eg

" ' ' ' ' "
    // Stefan Huszics

Thread Information