www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Taking Credit card orders

Taking Credit card orders

A new hosting site using third party shopping cart scripts is having massive problems with paypal fraud. I cant see anyway around this except only taking credit card orders.

This is the setup and scenario so others dont fall foul
    The site contains automatic domain purchasing and host activation after paypal returns OK payment.

So fraudulent payment is made to buy hosting for xyz.com
    Paypal returns OK
    Automation sets up hosting, including buying the domain under the fraudulent details given in step 1.
    Paypal receive a request to not authorize payment due to fraud.
    Refund given without question

I see no way get away from this as all the checking is done by paypal, which is to be honest useless. Even a real verified person could do this, telling paypal your account was used without you knowing.
    --------------------------------------

Right now the reason im posting here.

This is a UK company (if it makes a difference)
    I would like a card clearing house to take the payment with checking at the lowest cost to me. Hosting is a low margin game when going for speed without over crowding your servers.

Worldpay - 100 setup fee and annual fee of 160.00
    Nocheq - 20 monthly
    Paypal - I no longer want to use
    Protx ive never used so cant comment

Any others with very low or no monthly charges or setup
    Last edited by p_lea; 02-07-2007 at 06:01 AM.

use paypal, to accept paypal fund.

for credit card payment, use third party merchant like 2CO.

paypal are usless for this type of business due to lack of checking.
    (to easy to create fake accounts)

2CO looks ok though fitting in with our pricing plan, need to read options they offer
    1 time set up fee of $49

Any others companies? with none to low charges

2CO is an IPSP (internet payment service provider) - you use their merchant account to accept and process credit card payments.

You might also check out WorldPay. Some people prefer them as an IPSP.

For a merchant account - check out Barclay's, HSBC, Lloyd's of London. (I never can remember which one supports what country.) An electronic payment gateway for you to review would be protx. They could help you get set up with a merchant account.

Ive had a business account for years as im a contractor but using an Abbey account for this new company
    no charging well worth others to look at

thanks for comments but seems there is very little choice

for credit card processing I would recommend u to use either IPSpay or emerchantpay (depends on the nature of business). they do not have upfront fees. eMerchantPay for a UK company is fine

Hello!

I am almost done with my online-reservation website. Now, I have a problem in choosing third party merchant to handle the credit card payment. Paypal is not yet available in my country, Philippines.

Does anyone know other party aside from Paypal that is available to all countries?

Thanks.

http://www.verisign.com/online-payme...ing/index.html
    you can try look at verisign online payment

Braven, it would probably have been better to start your own thread especially since you are in another location. Versign won't work because Paypal bought the Payflow gateway actually. And Payflow is an electronic payment gateway (like LinkPoint and Authorize.net). These gateways are compatible with United States merchant account providers. And to get a United States merchannt account, you need at least: United States bank account, United States address, United States phone number. to at least be considered for a United States merchant account.

2CO might support your company. Another is WorldPay as well. Failing that, check with your local bank to see what type of e-commerce solution that might provide.

Thread Information