www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please review my site! I need suggestions! Urgent!

Please review my site! I need suggestions! Urgent!

Hi, I just established this site 2 months ago..

DotMySpot.com The Online Business Revolution targeting in making money online. Get the latest news in how to make money online, business opportunities, games review, technology and the latest gadgets review, even FREEbies in DotMySpot.com.

I did the designs myself. Let me know what you think!

DotMySpot.com
    http://dotmyspot.com/home

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

PS Let me know if you would like to exchange links! Thanks!

What designs did you do yourself? It looks very plain. Everything just runs together in a big mess.

It doesn't validate.

Your meta tag description is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooo long. That will most likely bring you down in search engines.

You use unnecessary tables and javascript.

Hmm, your remarks doesn't make sense

1. you said plain.. but then everything is a big mess? .. how does this goes together?
    2. it's in php?
    3. contrary, i have good search engine hits from google, yahoo but lesser from msn
    4. tables? javascript? @@" u need to check ur self.. do u know what is joomla btw?

I didn't have time to look at the whole site and I hate to be negative but that top banner is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by maxchanwl
    1. you said plain.. but then everything is a big mess? .. how does this goes together?
    Design wise, your site is plain, it's boring. As for a big mess, due to lack of design all the elements on the page run into each other. There is no definition.
    2. it's in php?
    And? PHP is a server side language that after it has processed outputs (X)HTML (most commonly, but it can also output numerous other things) to the browser. I wasn't checking your PHP, I cannot do that unless you show me, but I was checking the HTML that the PHP creates, and this is not valid code.
    3. contrary, i have good search engine hits from google, yahoo but lesser from msn
    No one except the search engines really know how it all works, but it looks to me like your spamming it and if someone from Google were to look at your site they might think the same thing.
    4. tables? javascript? @@" u need to check ur self.. do u know what is joomla btw?
    Joomla is a CMS, like many many others. But, unlike many other good CMS's, Joomla uses outdated and unnecessary code, and doesn't validate. And what exactly do I need to check myself for?

I'm sorry if my post wasn't what you expected, but you asked what I thought.

Thanks

OK, now I get you. Thanks for analyzing and for your comments.. appreciate it..

Thread Information