Please remove the following script:

http://javascript.internet.com/image...t-changer.html

As the original is still present and so am I:

http://javascript.internet.com/page-...lor-wheel.html

D10n...
    [o]

biab@iinet.net.au
    since 1997

This is an opportunity to re-write your script to modern standards!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fang
    This is an opportunity to re-write your script to modern standards!
    Thanks Fang. I've not got the energy to put into it as some people have.

eg: FICML Version

Now that's what you call a great adaptation. I have, however, been working on it. And yes it is Mozilla compatible, but I do not know why I bother. The previous version worked with Netscape fine. Now they go and change things. Bah...

Here is a Newish Version with alternate image sets. I feel these two give greater depth to the difficult to locate colors such as brown.

I hope someone likes it.

D10n...
    [o]

aka Draco Merest

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMerest
    Now they go and change things. Bah...
    That's progress for you

The version 4 browsers were rushed out just before the standards were adopted. Had they waited a few more weeks then there probably wouldn't be all the non-standard ways of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by felgall
    ...standards were adopted...
    The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.

I stopped designing web pages when Netsape 7 was released as some of my scripts fell over. Fortunately the changes did not affect any of my commercial scipts.

If someone comments that something does not work in FF I often point them to http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2007...ry/browser.php and suggest they wait until that browser has enough users for me to warrant the effort.

FF was catching up with IE until IE7 was released. I do not really like this browser and can only imagine that new computers are being shipped with it preinstalled.

A slightly off the mark example of what's on my mind is a menu system I developed for a small hospital. The techs complained it was not NS4 compatible. After I requested the browser usage stats log they were shargrin to discover they were the sole users.

(Don't mind my ramblings, sometimes it's just good to leave a message for people who understand what I am writing :-)

Draco...
    [o]

Since Internet Explorer is heading closer and closer to being standards compliant, what will you do when that happens? Tell people to use Internet Explorer 6? The worst thing any of us can do is become stagnant in the technology we support. That means some day, probably in the lifetime of my career, I too will need some retraining. How are we all going to react when browsers start having the same technological foundation as Flash? It'll happen. Then HTML, CSS and JavaScript as we know it now will be completely obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by toicontien View Post
    Since Internet Explorer is heading closer and closer to being standards compliant, what will you do when that happens? Tell people to use Internet Explorer 6? The worst thing any of us can do is become stagnant in the technology we support. That means some day, probably in the lifetime of my career, I too will need some retraining. How are we all going to react when browsers start having the same technological foundation as Flash? It'll happen. Then HTML, CSS and JavaScript as we know it now will be completely obsolete.
    4 years later and IE is finally standards compliant.

4 years 6 months later and HTML, CSS and JavaScript are still here. I'll be back
    to update you in another 4.5 years.

Thread Information