www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: need to be able to play avi

need to be able to play avi

Hi I have a question is there a way that i can play an avi file on my website. The server im using is www.godaddy.com if it matters. I appreciate any help i can get.

You can embed the file in your webpage in a number of ways depending on the parameters you set. See Embedded Media HTML Generator which will generate the code you need for different players.

Ron

Thank you for your reply I will try this out tomorrow.

Little late getting back here. How did it go for you? Need more help?

Ron

Thumbs up Try these tools

Hi,

at http://www.youtubemovies.net/page.php?file=tools you can find some interesting ways to play video formats on your website. try them. success

Why do you first convert avi to flv or swf, and then get the flash on your site?

here is my suggestion:

You need to convert avi to flash file in order to generate html for flash & put it to website. For such work you can try FlashConv.

hey guys thanks for all ur info sorry taking so long to get back i had forgotten about this topic when he quit providing me with data, though i now have a better idea as to what i need to know unfourtunately my boss (the owner of the website) is failing to provide me with anymore data and has been shafting alot of people as far as payment including myself but i am sure this knowledge well aide on other sites i will be working on.

Thread Information