www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash movie loading external jpeg

Flash movie loading external jpeg

Hi All,

I am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction! I am new to Flash (but have a lot of experience in other programming languages so hoping to pick it up quickly).

What i have is a movie that is essentially a person giving a presentation. I also have a set of images containing the slides that correspond to various points in the presentation.

What i want to be able to do is to have two separate sections on my webpage: one constantly playing the movie (presentation) and a second that changes the slide (jpgs) depending on where in the movie we are.

I am guessing that i can set up triggers in the movie to change the slide that is displayed but for the moment i don't have a clue how to approach this in flash and specifically how to reference the jpg outside of the movie.

Would any body be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Emma

To load in an external image, simply use the MovieClip.loadMovie method. In short, you can use it as such:
    Code:
    myMC.loadMovie("myPic.jpg");
    I'd need to know how you are implementing your video to help you more. Is the video embedded inside your timeline, or are you loading in an external .FLV?

If you're using Flash 7 or later, definitely look into the MovieClipLoader class to load your image that comes with tons of event handling features. You can use it to load jpg, png with alpha channel (Flash 8 only), and swf.

To have your movie trigger an event when it plays to a certain point, the way to do it is by using Cue Points, which is available in Flash 7 or later and more usable in Flash 8. Since you're a programmer to begin with I think the help doc contains all the info you need to get started. And there a couple of ways to using cue points, using script or embedding them manually when you create the FLV: http://www.google.com/search?q=flash...ient=firefox-a

Thread Information