www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: 3d thought bubbles

3d thought bubbles

does anyone know how to make 3d thought bubbles in photoshop? is it possible? Know of a tutorial?

explain what you mean? PS is by nature a flat image. To create proper 3D images you need a 3D app however you can create things that look 3D.
    If I wanted to create a 3D look for bubbles I'd create the bubble shape (with paths) and fill with a 10% blue, on top of that I'd create some text at 80% red and on top of that another bubble shape at 10% blue. Behind all of this I'd put in a background and blur it so that it was out-of-focus. In front of this (off the bubble image) I'd create a foreground item that perhaps was also out-of-focus but less so than the bgrnd.
    The effect would provide depth of field but maybe this is way off target of what you require.

yea, i dont want 3d thought bubbles... I want thought bubbles to appear to be 3d.

How about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

perfect! mind if i use?

of course, and considering you've politely asked I'll send you the psd file if you provide me your email addy via pm.

glad you like it.

Do you have PhotoShop? I'm not sure if Photoshop has something similar, but "PaintPro" creates something called "picture tubes" which are 'scalable canned images'. Checking Google for "picture tubes" I found many FREE examples for use:

http://www.angelfire.com/on2/Luxurys...blesTubes.html

This might not be of any help, -but I know that PaintPro can open/edit anything that PhotoShop can create and, if the opposite is true, then places like the URL above could be a resource. You just merely fill-in a gradient color or whatever else you need.

Here's one as well, probably best for angry thoughts maybe..I use Ulead PhotoImpact
    http://www.kcwebservices.info/callout.png

Quote Originally Posted by aussie girl
    Here's one as well, probably best for angry thoughts maybe..I use Ulead PhotoImpact
    http://www.kcwebservices.info/callout.png
    Wow... nice!

Thread Information