www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

hi friends ....i need ur kind help in modification of my recently launched website....i m using invision power board on my site ...i have absolutely no knowledge about web stuffs .....will u please help me .... http://www.shianetwork.com/forum thanks in advance

edit by admin: no contact info on the forum please, thank you
    Last edited by soul22; 03-01-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soul22
    hi friends ....i need ur kind help in modification of my recently launched website....i m using invision power board on my site ...i have absolutely no knowledge about web stuffs .....will u please help me .... http://www.shianetwork.com/forumks in advance
    \

edit by admin: no contact info on the forum please, thank you
    what kind of modification?...
    My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it.

htaccess ,module istallation html stuff etc .......i also want to add a chat room on my site there is also a script but i dont know how to add it .....

Nice. -I like the colors. The greens and hues. The main banner image is a quite the polar opposite with it's reds and oranges, -but still a strikingly beautiful image.
    I note that in Firefox (and thus presumeably also Mozilla, Opera, NS, Konqueror, etc.) that some link boxes are not where they are supposed to be... see attached Screenshot image:

Attached Images Attached Images
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Thanks....but as u see my site needs alot of improvement .....can u help me plzzzzz.....

Thanks....but as u see my site needs alot of improvement .....can u help me plzzzzz.....
    It's not that bad, -really. And yes, -I'll snag the code for offline and have a peek at it again. I mostly just see 'little things' that aren't really errors, but affect the correct way of displaying the page. Like this:
    .pagelink a:active,
    .pagelink a:visited,
    .pagelink a:link,
    .pagelinklast a:active,
    .pagelinklast a:visited,
    .pagelinklast a:link,
    .pagecurrent a:active,
    .pagecurrent a:visited,
    .pagecurrent a:link,
    .minipagelink a:active,
    .minipagelink a:visited,
    .minipagelink a:link,
    .minipagelinklast a:active,
    .minipagelinklast a:visited,
    .minipagelinklast a:link{
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    The 'correct order' for pseudo-class is "Link, Visited, Hover and then, Active", otherwise, a visitor will get the 'visited link color' first, etc. You want to 'color the link' first, the color the "visited link" next, then color "hover" link next, and the "active" ("mouse down" link last), etc... All these are easily fixable things.

That beautiful red & orange image is 753px wide by 165px tall, and the container that contains it is:

#logostrip{
    background: #98B380 url(style_images/eco-en/tile_back.gif);
    border: 1px solid #FFF;
    height: 120px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

IE incorrectly expands the DIV to 'contain the contents', so you see what you/IE think(s) you want to. Firefox (and other compliant browsers) obey the CSS, correctly, and thus the image extends outside of the container, overlapping things below it...

The "height:120px" in "#logostrip" needs to be increased to "height:165px;". I just checked with my 'offline browser' and see NO change with IE (good) with height:165px;, but now in Firefox, the red & orange image fits nicely inside and the clickable links are 'below', -as they should be. -It looks more like how IE is displaying this.
    Last edited by WebJoel; 03-02-2007 at 06:45 PM.

can u plz join my forum so that i could provide u all necessary info ?

can u plz join my forum so that i could provide u all necessary info ?
    I'm sure that's quite a compliment, I'm happy just doing this with what I have here.

Attached in a screenshot again, of how the page changes when the DIV #logostrip is increased to 165px tall... the background-image is no longer tall enough to fill the DIV without tiling (causing a blue strip to appeat at the bottom.)
    In the screenshot, the relative-actual sizes are shown. You need to change the height of the background-image "/tile_back.gif" to be 165px tall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for ur kind help ....let me try ....not much hopeful though ....

Thread Information