www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is someone stealing my wireless connection??

Is someone stealing my wireless connection??

i use verizon online and my modem light for wirelss is always on and blinking. and when im on the computer the internet runs very slowly. if anyone knows anything please help

change the password

Also if you can view your management settings on the router it should say how many computers are connected and the assigned IP and mac addresses ... thn you can see if you have an intruder

But as russel said ... change your admin password from the default one and have a secure wep key in place
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Couple of things here:

• Not unusual for a DSL or Cable Modem to blink while nothing is attached as it will respond to the network keep alive pings.
    • If your devices support it use WPA2 or better.
    • Consider going to static IP addresses and turning off the SSID broadcast, if you can. (Older WiFi cards, and some game devices may not allow you to run this way).
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Quote Originally Posted by TheBearMay
    Couple of things here:

• If your devices support it use WPA2 or better.
    Even a lighter encryption would do, it takes a fair amount of processor time just to brute force WEP.

Another thing that can be done is simply only allowing your MAC address connectivity. A MAC address filter is a pretty standard feature on more routers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeOfEo
    ...Another thing that can be done is simply only allowing your MAC address connectivity. A MAC address filter is a pretty standard feature on more routers.
    I second the motion.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information