dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Intermittent boot issue Acer Aspire laptop

Intermittent boot issue Acer Aspire laptop

Here is a strange one I have not run across before.

My Acer Aspire laptop is a dual boot Win7/Ubuntu, typically booting into Ubuntu.

Occasionally, it will not boot. I mean, I don't even get to the screen where I could choose a different operating system. So, for some strange reason, if I unplug the power cord, and boot from battery, it will get me to the OS choice screen, but it won't boot automatically. That's OK, because I choose 'recover' anyways.

My confusion is that this is very intermittent, and I have no idea what causes it.

Any guru's who may have any idea what is happening? My computer is updated with the latest updates at all times.

It could be as simple as needing to hold in the power button a fraction of a second longer.

I've tried that, and it does not seem to make a difference. Yesterday I had the same problem, and I could not boot into Ubuntu at all, so went to my next favorite OS (smirk and sarcasm mode on) Windows, let it grunt and groan and take its time to get active, and then logged out.

After doing that, the laptop booted into Ubuntu like it normally does on startup, without any hiccups. Strange behavior for sure.

Thread Information