www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is it possible to make this dynamic?

Is it possible to make this dynamic?

See attached

The left side would be a div with w/e text, for example whats in there now "test test test", the right an image. Both have rounded corners, if the user were to expand the text the container div would expand with it and so would the image. I know I can make the image larger then it needs to be and then give it a size and as they expand the text more of the image would be revealed but I have no idea how to approach this with rounded corners, is this possible?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Well I know about the slidingdoors technique but how would one apply it with rounded corners and an image that doesn't repeat?

I'd assume the rounded corners were part of the images and there are two images, left and right backgrounds behind left and right divs. I also assume the "expansion" to which you refer is horizontal.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Again, I understand the principle, however think of it this way. Most rounded corner techniques don't use an image such as mine, they use maybe a solid color or gradient. 2 images to represent left and right corners. You position the right corners bottom right, top right etc. You make the image larger then it needs to be to reveal a portion upon expansion. If i were to do this with an image that wasn't a solid color then how exactly would i manage to line up the, seeing as I would be using the same image for the top corner and bottom corner, it wouldn't line up, understand what I mean?

I'm afraid I don't. Maybe if you put up another image or two illustrating how you want it to change. Or maybe someone a little brighter than me will come along.

i pretty much figured it out using javascript, if someone can assist with a better method please do:

http://www.verricoassociates.com/test/index2.html

Ok but I don't see any resizing happening.

check the site again, use your keyboard cntrl + to increase text, or cntrl + scroll wheel - let me know

Ok, now I see what you're doing. I was editing the text and adding to it.

Thread Information