dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Haywire screen from dropdown menu

Haywire screen from dropdown menu

Hi,
    I need help. Why is it the same form displays differently when I used a command button and when I used a dropdown menu? What are the possible cause?

Command button redirect and display is normal. Screen goes haywire if it's called from dropdown menu.

Attached are the screens captured.

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am guessing you are redirecting when you click the button? Or are you just making a content panel visible or something and those are actually link buttons in the drop down list. View the source of the messed up page, see if there are <asp: form elements in there that didn't render and let me know. I think I have run into this quirk before.

Hi PeOfEo,
    At the HTML part, I've changed from 'Webform1' to 'frmComplaintNew' which is the actual name of the form I'm calling 'frmComplaintNew.aspx'. It still doesn't work. Below are part of the codes at HTML.

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="frmComplaintNew.aspx.vb" Inherits="CRMIS.frmComplaintNew" %>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>frmComplaintNew</title>
    <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name="GENERATOR">
    <meta content="Visual Basic .NET 7.1" name="CODE_LANGUAGE">
    <meta content="JavaScript" name="vs_defaultClientScript">
    <meta content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" name="vs_targetSchema">
    </HEAD>
    <body bgColor="#ffffcc" ms_positioning="GridLayout">
    <form id="frmComplaintNew" method="post" runat="server">
    <asp:label id="lblDetails" style="Z-INDEX: 111; LEFT: 32px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 232px"
    runat="server">Remarks:</asp:label>

It sounds almost like a server configuration issue to me than a code issue. I'd pull up IIS on one of our test servers to try to duplicate this, but I am not in the office this week, so I hope some of the others can shed some insight. But I do remember coming across a similar problem where if a page was called one way it would work fine, but if it was called directly it would fail. It might be one of those things where the .net framework just needs to be reinstalled on the server, or something funky like that.

Thread Information