www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Remove the redundant vertical scrollbar in select box in FF

Unhappy Remove the redundant vertical scrollbar in select box in FF

Hi,

I have a form with a select box set at size 4 with 4 options. But in Mozilla/FireFox, there is a redundant vertical scrollbar.

I was wondering if anyone knew how/if it could be removed? Maybe using a div to cover it? If so, how? Or CSS? Javascript?

Here is the html code:
    <html>
    <style type="text/css">
    Option:hover {
    background:#e5ecf9;
    }
    </style>
    <table>
    <tr><td>
    <select style="border:solid 1px #7f9db9;overflow:scroll;" name="select" size="4"><option value="name1">Name1</option><option value="name2">name2</option><option value="name3">name3</option><option value="name4">name4</option></select>
    </td></tr></table>
    </html>

Thanks,
    G

overflow:none; (???) I see that you have "overflow:scroll;" which forces a scrollbar. Could try "overflow:auto;"
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Nope, changing to "overflow:none;" doesn't work... "

Question

I tried overflow:hidden; scroll: no; and it didn't work either. Kinda interesting. Usually the scrolling: no/yes/auto is used in frame sets. IE seems more tolerate. Would be interested in the solution myself.

Ron

... overflow:hidden; scroll: no; and it didn't work either.
    I do not beleive that there is a CSS "scroll:no", but maybe the HTML scrolling="no" might work (??)
    <html>
    <style type="text/css">
    Option:hover {
    background:#e5ecf9;
    }
    </style>
    <table>
    <tr><td>
    <select scrolling="no" style="border:solid 1px #7f9db9;" name="select" size="4"><option value="name1">Name1</option><option value="name2">name2</option><option value="name3">name3</option><option value="name4">name4</option></select>
    </td></tr></table>
    </html>
    Last edited by WebJoel; 03-26-2007 at 10:10 AM.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Well, I'm not sure about the CSS for "scroll: no" either. LOL. Tried all kinds of ways, but did come up with a solution just coverting them to links and using an iFrame. Even has buttons to turn on/off scroll bars. Now depends on usgog wanting to use it that way without the select & input tags. Might try a drop down box on the scrollbars_1.html page and see if that works without scrollbars. Of course, removal of the add/remove scrollbar buttons is a matter of choice.

Ron
    Last edited by Major Payne; 09-02-2012 at 02:10 AM.

I'd be interested in hearing the solution as well. I have a vertical scrolller that wont go away in IE7 and FF.
    It shows up when pages get long.
    http://www.plentyoftorrents.com/resu...prison%20break
    Its the same in all browsers. You might need to refresh the page if its slow to load. Mininovas been slow lately.

Let me know if you want me to post the code. I don't know if thats against the rules since I didn't start this thread.

Thread Information