dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CSS & Option Select Box

CSS & Option Select Box

Is there any way to style / modify a standard option select box so that it opens in its drop-down state instead of having to having to click the drop-down arrow first?

Clicking anywhere on it should drop it down shouldn't it? At any rate CSS won't help.

Yes, clicking anywhere does drop down the select box, however, I would like the option to have the select box open in the drop-down state without having to click anything.

I did do some checking, and I couldn't find anything either that would allow me to do what I want using a standard option select box, so I posted here.

Are Mozilla objects, like option select boxes, open source, and if they are, where is the source? How / can the properties of Mozilla objects be modified?

Does anyone know of a solution or know of an open source option select box that will do what I want?

Either set the size attribute in the html or with JavaScript.

Thanks for your reply Fang, but I don't quite get the effect I'm looking for with the size set to more than 1.

With the size set to more than 1, I don't get the same onmouseover effect with the select options as I do with the size set to 1.

I know I'm being picky!

I guess you might try using the DOM and an onload handler to send a click event to the select.

Thanks for the suggestion, ray326, I'll look into that!

Thread Information