www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: retrive table structure

retrive table structure

in php_myadmin it retrieves your table structures and such, yet I cannot find any way to do it no mater how hard I try(I have never actually needed this before, but it sounds like it's something really obvious that I'm missing).
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/...on-schema.html

This should help. If you need something more specific, just ask

Code:
    	 Field   	Type	  	Collation	  Attributes  	Null  		Default	  	Extra	  	Action
    	 thumb_url  	varchar(255) 	latin1_swedish_ci 	  	No  	  	  	Change 	Drop 	Primary 	Index 	Unique 	Fulltext
    	 full_url  	varchar(255) 	latin1_swedish_ci 	  	No  	  	  	Change 	Drop 	Primary 	Index 	Unique 	Fulltext
    	 description  	mediumtext 	latin1_swedish_ci 	  	No  	  	  	Change 	Drop 	Primary 	Index 	Unique 	Fulltext
    	 misc_info  	mediumtext 	latin1_swedish_ci 	  	No  	  	  	Change 	Drop 	Primary 	Index 	Unique 	Fulltext
    php myadmin returns a table like this, those pages where intresting, but I could find anything that would help me reproduce such a table(php_myadmin is sooooo slow to load)
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

sql:
    Code:
    SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM table_name
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information