www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: TutorialStuff.com

TutorialStuff.com

Hello,
    I'm near completion of my site tutorialstuff.com and like some feedback before I really start to go public iwth it. All feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

Thanks - Mike

Seriously digging that site my friend,

Comprehensive tutorial sites always score high in my books. Layout isn't earth shattering, but it's well pieced together. It's the content I like the most and it's displayed in an extremely presentable fashion.

This site imho has the potential to contend with pixel2life.

Code structure doesn't look all that great, but I am no expert.

Goodluck and hope it's a success for you - I will be sure to keep checking back.

a.g.r.c
    1888.1985 2110.2012

Quote Originally Posted by a.g.r.c
    Seriously digging that site my friend,

Comprehensive tutorial sites always score high in my books. Layout isn't earth shattering, but it's well pieced together. It's the content I like the most and it's displayed in an extremely presentable fashion.

This site imho has the potential to contend with pixel2life.

Code structure doesn't look all that great, but I am no expert.

Goodluck and hope it's a success for you - I will be sure to keep checking back.

a.g.r.c
    Thanks for the review a.g.r.c.! I appreciate the comments. Could you possibly elaborate on when you say the code structure doesn't look all that great? Do you mean the PHP or when you view the source code or something else?

Thanks again - Mike

Not a problem dude.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...alstuff.com%2F

That answer your question?

Validation doesn't really bother me, as long as it can render to the point where screen readers can understand it.

Hey tutorialstuff.com works for me!
    1888.1985 2110.2012

HAHA, I will fix them. I actually have been certified through the W3C so I know all about them. My biggest concerns were getting the actual programming and aesthetic aspect of the site down first and then doing the minor annoyances such as validating.

-Mike

...so far so good then, - got a good feeling about your site. hohoho. ? for you, if you don't mind that is.... what do you think of this lay out -

http://www.2shades.net/clients/cc/

Would be cool to get your thoughts, seen as no one else is answering my post :-\

Ho hum

a.g.r.c
    1888.1985 2110.2012

I really like the logo. Although I don't like seeing it so much. Will it appear less once you have more content on the site? I think it is a really clean looking layout too. Easy on the eyes. I personally don't like how the "Your Basket" overlaps the blue and gray nav/marquee but that's just me, others might like it.

Hope this opinion helps.

-Mike

Glad you like the layout, the previous site was an all flash effort - which to be honest didn't do the company any justice whatsoever. I like how you used the word clean - that's what we're going for. In researching the UK drum market, there are alot of bad designs out there and imaginably so - the end users shopping experience is horrible and un trusted.

The logo will definitely not appear nearly as much, just once on every page. We are going to dedicate a day or 2 entirely to the photography. Hopefully we will get this right first time. They have a solid neich product to sell and representing it badly would be a big mistake.

I wasn't so keen on the over-lapping basket either thus

http://www.2shades.net/clients/cc

and

http://www.2shades.net/clients/cc/index3.htm

Thank you for the review, the information is most useful. Any future useability issues, you can predict from that layout? Given your w3c certification n all...

Thanks again

a.g.r.c
    1888.1985 2110.2012

RIght now I don't see any potential issues, maybe once it starts being coded rather than just an image/mock-up I might find something.

Keep me informed on the progress!

-Mike

Sweet

I'll let you know mate, keep me posted on the stats of tutorialstuff. How many hits are you predicting with that one? CC.co.uk is going to be 3 months in development. I still need to do the crash course in shopping carts. hohoho

Nice posting... Thanks again.

a.g.r.c
    1888.1985 2110.2012

I'm really not sure how many hits to expect yet! Since I started advertising the site yesterday I've received 136 unique visitor and a little over 15,000 hits! So far I think I'm off to a pretty good start. Only time will tell. How about you? How many hits/visitors are you expecting?

Later - Mike

Holy wow,

That's alot of hits... infact 15,000 amounts to the total my folio site acrued over a 2 month period. (How many of the 15,000 hits are yours?) Pritty good going mate!

I couldn't forecast this site at all, alot of this is still new to me - hopefully lots n lots of visitors will come to the store and buy. Resulting in Mr. Bonus knocking on my door. hehe.

How long have you been in the industry then? You seem pritty well experienced.

a.g.r.c
    1888.1985 2110.2012

None of the 15,000 are mine. It's 16,000 plus if you include mine. And since my last post It's at 18,000 plus including mine.

It's hard to say really how long I've been in the industry. I dabbled in web design when i Was young 13-15 then picked it back up in college and ended up getting my degree in I.T. with a specialization of Web Administration. I'm 24 right now but feel like I have the experience of those who are much older than me. It's all about the time and effort you put into things I guess.

Later - Mike

Just thought I'd mention that I added a news/blog to the right side that I will be refining and hopefully updating 4-5 times a week!

Thread Information