www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I almost became a PIRATE!

Exclamation I almost became a PIRATE!

I posted for help about a week ago and one of you guys really set me straight. I am new to learning this stuff and was trying to make my own website. I found a webpage I liked and got the code off of it for the general background layout. To be totally honest, I thought everybody did it and it was no big deal. The website was not up and running yet, so I actually never used it without permission. But since then I have gotten permission to use it and just wanted to set this straight so I could get help here in the future. I want to do this right! Here are the emails to prove it. Again, thanks!!

David, Those are the only images I wanted to use. Thank you very much for letting me use them!!
    Michael Scott LaFleur

Scott
    When you first wrote I couldn’t connect to your site but the link now seems to be working.

I don’t mind if you use the 2 images you’ve asked about. However there are some other images on our site that are ‘rights managed’ so using any of those would be a problem.

I appreciate your honesty in this matter. Good luck with the site and your business.

Regards
    David Mulholland

Jands Production Services
    t. 02 9364 7500
    p. 02 9364 7536
    w. www.jps.com.au

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:00:12 -0500
    To: <office@jps.com.au>
    Subject: website background

Hi, I am writing to ask your permission to use the black background you have on your website on mine. I'm new to making a website and I'm trying to do it on my own. I ran across your site and love the colors. The two pictures I want to use are attached to this email. I hope you would consider this. I know many people would just use it without permission. Thanks a bunch! Scott
    Michael Scott LaFleur
    <http://www.lahomeconcepts.com>

Good for you, Scott, and glad you ran into a reasonable guy on the other end of the deal.

Dave

Everytime I have asked for this I get denied. Honestly I would probably do the same. Anyway...I am sure the guy would appreciate if you edit your post to remove his contact info so the whole world doesn't see it

Thread Information