Ok, .NET 2.0 newbie here!

I know that VS and VWDE both create DB's that have user information and roles and such.

What I want to be able to do is to have several groups with different admins for them, with me being like a Super Admin.

Example:

Jane Doe
- Admin of her family
- member of her family
- member of other families (can see a family's page, but not as much as that family, but possibly more than a friend to the family)

John Doe
- member of his family
- member of other families

Amy Archer
- friend of many families (she can see a family's page, but not as much as a member of that family)

Clyde Doe (brother of Jane)
- Admin of his family
- member of his family
- member of other families

I suppose what I want to do is give an Admin page to each family and let that Admin decide what kind of permissions each can have. Also, each family can potentially have more permissions. Here is a tree:

Code:
-- Admin
  -- Parent
    -- Child
      -- Other family members
      -- Friends
Also, I want them to be able to create permissions 'on the fly' like, if they want the grandparents to see a bit more than the cousins or something. I guess much like PHPBB does. (I am not sure how vBulletin works)

Would using Roles be able to solve this? Or would it be better to create my own custom permission system?

Could I be pointed in the direction of examples if something you know of exists out there?

Thanks in advance!