dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Visibility verification

Visibility verification

How could/would this be done?

I want to display an image on a page of my site and on the page of my friend's site. More importantly, I want to confirm that this image is actually visible to the user of the web page and that it is actually displayed in a way the user could see it. I want it to be viewable for at least a second.

As such, if someone were using a mobile browser blocking images, then the image would be considered NOT visible. If the image is below the fold and the person does not scroll up and have it displayed for at least a second, then again, it is not visible.

How could/would this be possible?

Thoughts?

Not a complete answer, but some thoughts that might help:

1. Mobile with images blocked? - Use the Alt text to convey whatever message the image is intended to convey.

2. Image below the fold? - Don't allow the image to be below the fold! I.e. Position:fixed; left:0; top:0;

You might also want to use the meta statement:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, height=device-height, initial-scale=1, user-scalable=no">

I don't really approve of setting "user-scalable=no" as this is likely to annoy visitors, but the enforced viewing of the image may do that anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Not a complete answer, but some thoughts that might hellp!
    Those are good ideas, but.... If I'm placing the image on another person's site then I wont control those things. however I still want to Measure if the image becomes viewable for a second or more.

Thread Information