dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Am I supposed to create everything on my own while practicing?

Am I supposed to create everything on my own while practicing?

I was wondering... while I am practicing making webs on my own, am I supposed to make EVERYTHING on my own? For example, if I want to add a parallax effect to my website or if I want to make a modal window for each pic in my porforlio, can I just use plugins for these?

Personally, I dont understand why we have to make things on our own when things are already made by others for free usage as long as we understand the codes.

What's your opinion on this?

I'll agree that many times there is no sense in reinventing the wheel. However, when the tire goes flat one needs to know what to do. Fix it? Replace it? What's a lugnut? Where's the jack?

Sitting on the side of the road at night in the rain with no cell coverage is not the time to learn these things.
    Last edited by Kevin2; 12-18-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Exactly what I expected. Thanks for the reply. To clarify, as long as I know how to play with the given codes, I should be fine, right?

Assuming you have the right to use the script. In other words, it's free, public domain, purchased, or whatever. Then yes.

Note that I'm not a lawyer/attorney/solicitor. Your mileage may vary.

PS: just because you found some script on a website somewhere and like it does not give you the right to use it unless the author has specifically given you the right to do so. Freely viewable does not equal freely usable! And again, see the note above on me not being a lawyer etc.
    Last edited by Kevin2; 12-18-2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added PS

Thread Information