www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: registered sign

registered sign

Does anyone know how to make a registered sign that is smaller and moves to the top of the last letter of a word? I have a registered mark on my page after Sansa, but I don't know how to make it smaller and move up to look like the one I have on the graphic using html. Any ideas?

https://maxwho.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?...S&Store_Code=M

Thank you!

If I understand correctly, you'll have to go into your graphics editor and reduce the size of the registered symbol after the word Sansa.
    Ryan Butler

Ryan Butler.org

When I just reduce the size, it keeps it at the bottom of the Sansa word. Do you know how I can get it to be at the top of the word Sansa to look like the graphic version I have? My header is a graphic but the bolded word Sansa is text in html.

Thanks!

Code:
    .style10 {font-size: 14px; vertical-align:top;}
    Ryan Butler

Ryan Butler.org

<sup> tag should do it.

Thanks! The .style10 {font-size: 14px; vertical-align:top;} worked. It looks great!

I prefer the superscript ("<sup>&reg;</sup>") method and not throw another class declaration onto the CSS (although to get the reduced font-size and any other styling, you'd have to do inline style anyway), but either would work and be fine.
    Last edited by WebJoel; 05-20-2007 at 11:25 AM.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Quote Originally Posted by roondog
    <sup> tag should do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebJoel
    I prefer the superscript ("<sup>&reg;</sup>") method and not throw another class declaration onto the CSS (although to get the reduced font-size and any other styling, you'd have to do inline style anyway), but either would work and be fine.
    The span element is probably a better choice; the sup element, like the font element, is presentational and conveys no semantic information. Of course, considering that the OP is using useless, unsemantic class names like “style16”, I guess the point is moot.

Thread Information