www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Referred here

Post Referred here

Hi everyone I was referred here from the HTML thread here at webdeveloper.com

I was asked to post a link to the site I am working on
    ( www.gmrcvt.ulmb.com ) and ask if any CSS experts had any suggestions for the design or functionality of this site. I have to readjust some pages tomorrow but wanted to get the ball rolling on the CDD end of things. Thanks all, ahead of time.

Start by bringing your html into the 21st century. A lot of your code was deprecated in 1999. New pages should always use a strict doctype, too. Is this a new page or are you updating it?

Got alot of 'warnings' ("error-lites")... won't go into them really but (refer to Screenshot image) :

notice the link "duplexes"? It is 'outside' of any meaningful list-item:

<li></li>duplexes<li>MULTI-FAMILY></li>(etc).

should be:

<li>duplexes</li><li>MULTI-FAMILY></li>(etc).

re:..."wanted to get the ball rolling on the CDD end of things." CSS?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WebJoel; 05-22-2007 at 06:42 PM.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Omg!

Outdated in 1999!

OMG!

I have been in the dark ages. That would explain why most of my code doesn't work like it used to. I took 10 years off and just hopped back into the game, guess I should have picked up a refresher book and I would have made the observation myself rather than waste a bunch of everyone's time....

Sorry.

I think I have finished the jist of my site ( http://gmrcvt.ulmb.com ).
    I noticed that my PC at home which runs AVANT browser show the page different than IE or NETSCAPE, even FIREFOX looks a bit "off".

Since I am thinking that it might be corrected by a HTML tag I thought I would throw out the question for anyone who has time to answer;

Can my page look unified acroos the browser board with a tag or is it a more indepth answer?

I was able to get all pages functioning but need to revamp my ToP.

So as I had said on this forum before;
    I want to thank everyone who took the time to comment on my dilema. I scrapped the form and began again as recommended. I want to also say that the level of support and community here FAR EXCEEDS most other forums and PC support websites I have gone to. I have bookmarked this page and just want to again Thank everyone for their time and contribution to my issues and this community alike

Thread Information