www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hi from Thatcham Mike - share my experiences comment on my sites

Hi from Thatcham Mike - share my experiences comment on my sites

Hi I am a non technical IT literate person. I got asked to help our local church to build a website that would be informative, cheap to build and host, simple and low cost to maintain. I looked at a lot of template based HTML solutions and finally in the end built the site with something called wisenav. I noticed that people ask not to push products on this forum so I won't. What I will say is have a look at the site clerewoodlands.org.uk and make up your own mind. But it took me a couple of hours to build once I got the content. and it takes a me a few minutes a week to keep the info updated. My wife then nagged me to build the charity she works for a site now I was cooking on gas that took a lot less time, mind you there is less content in it. homestart-nwhampshire.org.uk. Now my accountant, financial advisor and wine merchant all want my help - do you think I should start charging them or tell them that it's so easy they could really do it themselves. Anyway any feedback on my poor design efforts would be appreciated.
    Mike

On the church site, I'd straighten out that background picture of the church. It looks like it's falling over

Personally I say start charging them, or show them how to use this tool. If you're going to be doing this for real though, you're going to have to learn "real" web site development once you get beyond what wisenav gives you.

Dave

Thread Information