dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help with Online Payments

Question Help with Online Payments

Hello... I have a client who wants to accept payments online for summer camps. I'm not exactly sure how to do this, I know he needs a SSL cert. and probably some kind of payment button or cart... could anyone let me know how this works please? Do I need to use some type of shopping cart app. like Miva Merchant, or would it be better to just use paypal's "make a pymt" buttons. I have created those before. Also, his web host does not allow me to have ftp access to my client's site, so I am limited to front-end capabilities. Would this be a problem also? Thanks for all your help.

Well you need either an electronic payment gateway (LinkPoint, Payflow, Cybersource/Authorize.net) and a merchant account or an IPSP (Internet payment service provider) like (some versions of) Paypal or 2CO.

You would need to upload some things to the site - i.e. a link to the gateway. You could use LinkPoint Connect and direct the user over to LinkPoint's secure website to process the transaction. How Does a Credit Card Transaction Get Processed? might help you out some.

Thanks Corey, I'll check out the link.

Thread Information