www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How I can decrease video file size?

How I can decrease video file size?

I have a video/commercial that a client wants to use on his site that is a little over 100mb... his web host will only allow me to upload images and video smaller than 4mb... is there any way I can do this???

Last edited by LeeU; 07-02-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: just junk

Quote Originally Posted by kw2102
    I have a video/commercial that a client wants to use on his site that is a little over 100mb... his web host will only allow me to upload images and video smaller than 4mb... is there any way I can do this???
    You need a web hosting service that supports proper streaming video if you want to be able to include video like that. On regular hosting accounts even 1Mb would be way too big to be usable.
    Stephen

I'm sorry... perhaps I should have said it is a little over 100mb and it is in IFO format... I know I need to convert it, just wondering if converting the file to, say, WMV, will make a dramatic difference in file size. My client really wants to have this commercial on his site, but considering the host will only allow if it's under 4mb, maybe I should tell him (client) it can't be done???

Converting it to WMV probably wouldn't make that much of a difference...there are many other factors in play. You could purchase hosting space from a dedicated video hosting provider. From this point, you could import the video into your account, and then link to this video from your current domain name.

http://www.screencast.com/

I've used it before and works quite well for large streaming videos.
    Ryan Butler

Ryan Butler.org

Thread Information