dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself..............

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Quote Originally Posted by theuedimaster
    Introductions are meant to be posted in the intro sticky at the top of this forum!
    merged.

Thanks all Been a crazy week for me

Hi All. My name is Weston, I am from Texas. I am starting a new company that does website development and eBay sales around the Houston area. Hopefully I can get some good information from you all. Thank You in advance.

welcome!

Intro

All,

I am new here, and in search of guidence if you will. A "youngling" in the world of Web Development. I am trying to find an edge to work my way into web development with out losing much ground in my career. Any tips or advise out there? I've been told my backend knowledge will be an advantage on those who have little to none. Hoping this is true? Feel free to email me or just post here.

Thanks

Hello to eVeRyOnE

Hi to folks..........ME NEED INTRIDUCTION??????.............
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by HostBreak
    Hi to folks..........ME NEED INTRIDUCTION??????.............
    NO
    Grammar lessons perhaps? I'm just messing with you, welcome to the forums and all.

Hello Out There!

Hi all!

I'm doing some research in preparation for taking my small business online and found your site. Looks like a great community, I've already learned much from your articles and look forward to learning more

Aislyn

Hi, I'm Sunny G. That of course is not my real name. I really like orange juice, and every now and then we purchase Sunny Delight. I got my name from there, of course with a slight modification. The "G" part is what my real name starts with. What could it be?

Anyways, I'm in 4-H as the webmaster for my club with shows small animals (Bunnies, chickens, DUCKS, GEESE and good waterfowl like that.) I have ducks, as it says in my signature. I've got 14 at home right now. One duck is kinda sick right now, her name is LD, short for Little Duck because she hatched after all the others. As for her illness, she coughs a bit, does not quack at all (indicating she's in pain) and pants alot. There is a chance she swallowed a bit of wire or something like that. I'll have to check and I'll keep you updated. I hope she is all right! (A little thing you should know... Her name is Little Duck, but she is the second fattest duck I've got. All my ducks seem to be fat for some reason. I want them to loose weight, but ducks don't loose weight like people do.) You can see pictures of one of my ducks here! I'm the guy in green with the clover on the front: http://www.peak.org/~kvkk/Pictures/PICTURES%202003.html
    That duck's name is Sax, because he is a Saxony. He is the sweetest duck on earth and nobody is going to tell me otherwise!
    One little other tid-bit of info: I don't eat or shoot waterfowl.

As for the other things I do, I'm a member of first robotics (http://www.usfirst.org/), Team 847 PHRED. I'm also the webmaster there. FIRST robotics is a great thing to get involved in. It's such a big deal, I won't explain it here as it would take alot of time. The website for my team is below: PHRED. I'm working on a new page for my team... Here it is. www.team847.com/NEW.html

So, now you know a bit more about me. Also, look at some of the flash movies I have below. The potter puppet pals is the best that I've got. It is a parody on Harry Potter. Bother, Bother, Bother, Bother...... Snape! You're alive! Tell me what you think!

Hello, creepy as it may be, like bornondating911, my name is also Weston. While I don't live in Texas, I did live there for a majority of my childhood. I'm an undergraduate student who works a lot with Java, so I'll see if I can't confuse a few people with my crazed misguided advice.

I checked LD again--She's not choking on anything, but instead she's trying to lay an egg! The egg either may be a monster-double-yolk, or it may be her first egg of the laying season. That is a load off my mind. Now I've got her in the lawn with water. She is drinking just fine, but still not quacking. That in a way is good so she does not call over the rest of the flock, cause they wouldn't leave her alone.
    Wish her luck!

LD died.

Here is her story--
    Four years ago I had my first successful hatching of baby ducks. They were a mix of my Cayuga hen and my Saxony drake. My eldest duck, Lexine sat on the nest and hatched 6. After they hatched, Lexine took them out into the garden. One egg still remained. I took it and put it in a small basket lined with a red scarf. I heated it with a heat-pad and regulated temperature with a candy thermometer. Hours later, the egg began to hatch. Totally excited, I pulled the duckling out of the egg and set her in the basket in the folds of the scarf. The next day I had a beautiful baby duck. She lived in the basket on my desk for a few days. I took her out and set her in the sun on my bed to see her run around.
    I named her LD, short for "little duck". I took that duck everywhere I went. I brought her to a 4-H meeting once, and later after that, to a petting zoo I organized. Just like her father all the children loved this baby duck.

Later I reintroduced her into the flock. At first she wanted to stay with me, but she found her place. As ducklings do, LD grew up very fast. She and her siblings were all the most pretty green color as ducklings but soon turned a deep silver grey, just like the feathers on their father's head, but enhanced with the Cayuga in them.

Ironically Little Duck grew very fat in the last couple years of her life, but remained to be active and healthy.

Starting on June 20th, she separated herself from the flock and sat away from them, panting. After that I knew something was wrong. She looked like she was in pain. I quarantined her and tried to figure out what was wrong. I did my best, but apparently that was not enough. Yesterday evening I put her in the duck hutch where I keep my birds at night. It is built into two sections, so LD had one all to herself. To keep LD from escaping into the muddy pen, I propped a stick in front of the door to keep her in. This morning I found LD's head hanging out the door. It was not a disease that killed her, but my mistake. I should have not put that stick there--then at least I could have tried harder to cure her. I buried LD by a tree, underneath a flowerbed of Poppies.

The memory of LD is all I have left, along with the red scarf. Maybe it was best that she died. She was in pain--and if I couldn't have cured her, she would have died an even more painful death. I was my fault.
    She wasn't my smallest duck, nor was she the youngest but she will always be my Little Duck.

greetings to all new members!

and sorry about the duck.

Thanks. It will hard to accept her loss. She was a very sweet bird and could always make me smile.

Hey Sunny G I'm very sorry to hear about Little Duck. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. As you said, you will always have your memories of her - it sounds like you have many nice ones

Remember the good things
    Aislyn

Thread Information