dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

Has anyone ever heard of CONSUMER REPORTS?

HP is on top one year and DELL the next!

They are both are great computers depending on the model and your application.

Besides, if you had a T-O-S-H-I-B-A laptop, you wouldn't be concerned with inferior computers in the first place.

Build your own will always be better and cheapest.

I agree with jupac... you can build a system yourself for about half of what dell or hp would charge for the same system. Better quality at better prices... plus you will know exactly what you are running and be able to really customize (dell and hp pretend like you can by giving you an option of how big you want your hard drive to be, but do they let you thoose the vendor, cache, and interface?).

And you can do a thing call overclock =), which dell and hp prohibits

Quote Originally Posted by Jupac
    And you can do a thing call overclock =), which dell and hp prohibits
    well you can always flash the bios... but the trouble is hp and dell boards generally do not like getting their bios flashed... so it can be risky, you could screw up your board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupac
    Well some people dont know how to make thier own or dont want to.
    EXACTLY!!!!! For those people (like me) who only know about using computers and not building them, which is better? HP or Dell?
    Now I get the idea that Dells crash unexpectedly and HPs do the same sometimes. Now, which is better for software? Dell vs HP?
    (New HPs come with iTunes, and I don't have internet on my personal computer which I am not using at this time, so I can listen to my music on my computer! Windows Media Player bites, no pun intended.)

Here's a few of my anti-Dell stories.

windows media player on our family dell (the compuer I'm on right now) does not work correctly and has not even since the day we purchased it. It's a dell dimemsion
    256 mb of ram
    DVD reader (Really crummy)
    CD burner (12x max)
    16 mb graphics card

and for the worst bit, windows ME as the OS.

My negative experiences with dell are not all just with this computer. The computers @ school all are dell, and they too bite (Again, no pun intended)

My dad works @ HP, so I am supported by it. I'm a member of FIRST robotics, and my robotics team is sponsored by HP. It donated to our team a really sweet laptop:

2.0 gb ram
    3.4 ghz HT P4
    DVD-RW drive
    ETC
    and a projector, R707 camera, and a printer for the camera.

I don't see Dell donating all that stuff. Also, isin't HP all in America?
    No computer helpers named Banjo or what not you will find from HP.

Your dad works at HP and you have a DELL???

I know......... It's a funny story. We got this computer about six years ago and at that time HP computers were not so good. So my dad bought a Dell. Now HP has made a great comeback and is super cool.

For christmas I received a Compaq SR1010Z

512 DRam
    AMD Sempron 1.8 ghz
    CD-RW/DVD drive
    9 in one card reader
    Windows XP home ed. SP2

It is the sweetest computer in the world! Although it is Compaq, it's built with HP tech cause' Compaq is owned by HP.
    When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
    That's funny! I'll have to remember that, or put it as a marquee screen saver to my computer or something.

Personally I would prefer HP to DELL because of the reviews I have read in Consumer Reports.

We are all bias to some extent, so I prefer Toshiba right now. I posted before, it all depends on your application as to what laptop you want to buy.

For example - if you want to check email and surf the web (90% of users) then get whatever is cheap with good service (prob dell) but if you need durability (prob HP) for those who are clumsy and drop stuff all the time. If you are heavy into multimedia (making movies, graphics, etc.) got to go with Apple. I think you see what I mean so I'll drop it here.

I couldn't have said it better! rch10007 is right. It all depends on what sort of stuff you do with your computer. For me, if I wanted to cause complete and total destruction to a computer, I'd do it to the Dell I'm using right now when it will be replaced. Lets see.....
    I'd rip off the tin Dell logo on the monitor, take a torch to it (I've got a gas welder, so I can do that). For the keyboard, I'll take off the keys one at a time with power tools and put the keys in the blender set on liquify. Then I'll add melted wax, a wik, pour it into a mold and then I'd have a cool candle. For the computer, the internal componets will be burned with my torch set, I'll run over the case with the family car (A suburban) and for all the free AOL trials that came with the computer, I'll nuke them in the microwave, set on thaw.

That is what I'd do with this Dell when it will be decomissioned.

Cool, take pictures of the candle when you get done and post them to this thread, LOL!!!

I don't know when the computer shall be decomissioned and I don't think my mom would like me playing with the blender so violently. I'll see what I can do!

Aight, LOL!!!

Dell laptops SAG at the bottom...
    Both Dell and HP have lots of rubbish bunded that use up ram and wastetime
    if you live in the lesser countrys like NZ or Austraia Dell gives the stuff that the us wont buy and give it to them!!!

Yah..... One little detail about Hp and Dell laptops, HP laptops look so much cooler! Further more, HP now has lightscribe and nobody else does..... It's HP tech!

Thread Information