www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

Yeah, more people to vote for HP!
    Not that it really matters anymore...
    Last edited by Sunny G; 10-19-2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Adding the second line

Won't this damn thread ever die?

I'm totally gonna lock this thread soon.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Please do! Otherwise it will live forever or until Sunny gets enough friends to sign up just for this silly poll. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM IMO

Quote Originally Posted by David Harrison
    I'm totally gonna lock this thread soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    Please do! Otherwise it will live forever or until Sunny gets enough friends to sign up just for this silly poll. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM IMO
    Actually, to be honest I am growing rather tired of this thread and have been tired of it for quite a while. None of my friends will sign up, not because they don't want to vote, but because they wouldn't use this forum. I'm surprised that this threads closure has been brought up now and not well, months ago.
    The only reasons I continued to post were to respond to posts, or to respond to another vote. How much space does this thread take up?

Lock the thread if you must, I don't care.

Way to keep me from reading your secret text guys...

Lol....
    This Thread has seen and had it's days....
    Sigh.......
    Closing it would be a good idea

I have a better idea, I'll just unsubscribe from the thread. Later y'all.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

It probably should have been in the coffee lounge all along anyway.

btw, I didn't realize it was "secret text" since I'm wearing my glasses. lol

Yeah! we found a way to trick people with glasses!

I've got glasses... I only wear them so my eyes don't get strained.
    Now my eyes are all out of whack because I'm working on the computer so much and I actually NEED my glasses for clearer vision.

Ok...so I'm new to this old thread. Found it by accident and DON'T know why I read through it. But I do have a quick "history lesson" to provide:

My folks rented a home (while they built theirs) quite a few years ago from a guy high-up in Dell. He informed them that he had just been a meeting with the powers that be in which they had decided that they were going to have to create a new "inferior" (to their own personal standards) PC to compete in the retail market (he actually named HP & Compaq as some of the competitors causing this to have to happen). The new line would not replace, but would be in addition to, their top-of-the-line computers (which would in turn be marketed to large companies instead of the general public). This might explain why this debate is happening.

Funny how supply & demand doesn't always mean better product for less $$. Same situation/different product: My husband builds high quality homes - but the majority of the market buys from inferior workers & products. These builders that are 'undermining' the consumers rely on the fact that the average person cannot build their own home (sub: 'computer') and they do not realize what quality they are sacrificing behind all the pretty "bells & whistles". They cater to the consumer who wants it done cheaper and faster, not seeing the benefit in spending the $$ for the better product.

As far as the avg PC consumer out there - I believe most aren't willing to put $$$ into their purchase since they realize their PC will be built with obsolete technology before the 3 yr warranty runs out and they don't know how to upgrade it themselves.

Well, I deem this thread closed... Maybe if it were moved to the Coffee lounge it could get some new life? *hint hint*

Well, if this is the end of Dell vs HP, I'd like this thread to go out with this Get Fuzzy comic I found... (attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lol

I keep on getting Dell Brochers 2 every week!!!!!
    I want to unsubsripe!!!!!!

Lightbulb HP vs Dell

Sorry to bring this back up but i think you people are just saying how good dell is or how bad they suck because some other people are saying it.

If you are talking the Sizes of the 2 companys then Hp is about 5 times larger than dell.but if you are talking how good they are well ill just say this all computers have there problems and lately dell isnt been getting good reviews at all,I mean its pretty bad when a gateway is better than a dell or anything for that matter.

Right now as far as i know Dell and Hp are the biggest rivals there is,to sit here and say Hp suck thats just stupid and the same for dell,if they suck so bad then why are they so damn popular?.

So before you people wanna put down either of them think before you talk about them.

Sorry for any misspelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha2Xtreme4U
    but i think you people are just saying how good dell is or how bad they suck because some other people are saying it.
    That is true (Maybe for some). But, who are the other people? Aren't they the ones who have had troubles with Dell? I have acknowledged that Dell is not as bad as I thought it was, but there are still things true about HP which will never be true about Dell.

HP actually develops their own technology (Lightscribe, ink-jet printer, handheld calculator, ETC)- while dell on the other hand just gets the cheapest parts they can find and use a good warranty to compensate.

Thread Information