dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

Hmm. Anybody else have anything to say?

Anybody?

/me dusts self off

Please don't double post~
    This thread Is old, and low and behold I have a email coming though my inbox saying someone has posted :P
    You should have enough information here to make a educated decision about it instead of bumping it again and again. Look though the old pages.

Lock this thread!!!

I agree too. This thread must die.

As the creator of this thread--please don't gang beat me--I give the administrators and moderators my approval in casting this thread into cyberspace oblivion; lock it.

T'was fun while it lasted.

Mausau2000 and of course Sunny G... for some reason it's quite an honor to be having a conversation with you. I think this because you were the two top people participating in the longest (and probably the most off topic ) thread on Webdeveloper.com.

Well if either of you looked at the second to last poll I posted in before this one, I was going to disappear forever from here... for reasons are obvious (in case somebody doesn't get it I'm annoying and do stuff like that and start threads to argue about issues and start copies of threads already made... that's another story... I feel kind of useless because 98% of the threads here I can't help out with... seems as though Javascript is quite a pain in the rear...) but when I got the E-mail that you two had posted I just had to come back to at least make this post.

Oh, I'll certainly be viewing threads forever, examining what everybody's up to, but I don't think it's a good idea to participate in them myself for the reasons I just said... I made this decision three or four days ago, after something happened that I handled dumbly... and two people have told me to come back. So I'm not. Because two people out of how many? Thousands? Oh, whatever. But farewell (actually this time) to everybody! I hope you live wonderful lives.

And a special thanks to buntine, who wished me good luck with my future after I said my job as a seventh grader in the thread "whats everyones job?". This means a lot to me... I never thought people online cared about other people lives, let alone annoying little me!

And I think that a thread discussing the issue would never stop... the companies are always changing, getting new ideas, getting new people in charge of it... what about Michael Dell going back down to the CEO after Kevin Rollins left? Is this a good thing? Does Dell seem to be getting better now that he's in that position?
    Last edited by EricG1793; 05-09-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricG1793
    Mausau2000 and of course Sunny G... for some reason it's quite an honor to be having a conversation with you. I think this because you were the two top people participating in the longest (and probably the most off topic ) thread on Webdeveloper.com.
    I'm flattered, for some reason

For some reason?!!

Like I said, you started (again) the longest (and probably most off topic, but then back on topic ) thread here. Also the thread itself I really liked the idea of... I loathe Dell products (although most of their products aren't really Dell... we have a wireless mouse and keyboard that is made by Logitech... and who knows who actually make(d) their wireless routers. There aren't "Dell" routers anymore.) and I love HP from every angle, so it's interesting to see all the... to put it nicely... odd Dell lovers say why they are Dell lovers. And of course the HP lovers tell why (excellent reasons) why they love HP products.

I proclaim that this is going to be the only thread I participate in while I'm "in the shadows" as I stated before. So close this thread and you close me out, too! And I'm sure that many would jump at the chance immediately and do just that....
    Last edited by EricG1793; 05-09-2007 at 08:06 PM.

I've used HP's all my life, so I have to stick by those(Plus all the nice printers and other hardware they make). However, I feel like Dell's CPU's run a lot smoother than HP.

I don't know if that is a good thing but thanks :P,
    *looks back at past posts*
    My grasp of the English language was that bad
    This thread should be dead, but yet people still bring it up, quite a shock to see a email come though though :P

O and BTW all the Dells at work are gone, or MIA due to one of the major software products that we use conflicting with some inbuilt software that doesn't want to go easily (or we can't use the keyboard or mouse), so it was just a good reason to toss the lot and get some decent computers for work :P
    Last edited by Mausau2000; 05-10-2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: It seems that [IMG] tags don't work on this forum~

Is it just me or are there more votes now for Dell than there were a week ago?

I just took back a 6 month old Dell and bought an HP instead.
    Hard drive just died after 6 months.

My first experience with HP Repair

Good evening (at the time I'm writing this)... or morning or afternoon, whenever you're viewing this!

I think I mentioned in this thread that I accidentally ripped the down arrow key off of my laptop. I was extremely busy with the laptop for school but then I had a one week gap where I could send it in to get repaired.

I was on an internet chat with a rep named Audrey (Not Rameshwar or Vandana like I've gotten with Dell.... ugh! They're nice to you and you never wait but once Vandana had to call me and that was almost disaster....) and there was another slight Vista upgrade issue that we got straightened out easily. I mentioned that I had accidentally ripped the down arrow key off the computer and the F7 key was sticking. (I didn't tell her that the F7 was sticky because I spilled a LITTLE bit of cranberry juice on it....) So she explained the process of sending it in. I agreed.

In two days, a box came at my front step just as expected. It included everything I needed to sent in the computer; the label with the HP repair center in Memphis, TN, tape, and plenty of foam for protection. I scheduled a pickup for Thursday from three o'clock on. I was at school and got home at three, so that would leave a half hour to remove my password and package it in the box. However, this is Fed-Ex's fault: They came at quarter after one, so my dad had to package it while they stood there and I was never able to remove the password.

So immediately on Friday I called HP support; I didn't have to wait any more than five minutes. I got a lady with a very slight accent; I could understand her very well. I told her the situation and she got the password from me and submitted it to the repair center. The rest of Friday and Saturday the status said that they were repairing my laptop.

Then on Saturday I got an E-mail saying that it had shipped from HP. It didn't do very much on Sunday, but today it came right as I got home from school.

It was supposed to come from 5-7 business days from the time I shipped it out. I had to be without it Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Then it came today. So that's only four days I was without it, which is pretty fast!

When I opened the box I found a nice new AC adapter in there; I had also sent in the adapter because it was overheating. There was a piece of paper summarizing what they did to my computer. The computer itself was in a plastic protection bag, just like it came in. They had put a whole brand new keyboard on. The whole computer was polished and there wasn't a speck of dirt or dust on it... it made me feel ashamed to take it out of the bag!

So overall it was a wonderful process. They provided all the shipping materials, paid for the shipping, made no hesitation to repair it, and got it a day short of what I was expecting.

Has anybody else here sent in their HP or Dell in for a repair? How did it go for you?

Has anybody else here sent in their HP or Dell in for a repair? How did it go for you?
    Surely you can find enough in the over 460 posts so far in this thread. I am impressed that they got it back to you in 4 days. My experience with HP was much worse, and with Dell much better. Lest you think I am a total Dell supporter, I'll repeat my most important statement in this thread again:

Both HP and Dell are crap unless you don't want much out of a computer, in which case just buy whichever is cheapest for what you get at the time. If you want an actual good computer, build it yourself if you know how or pay a real expert to do it for you.

Keep in consideration, wamboid, that there are always new users joining this community who have different opinions, or people who haven't posted in this thread for some reason.

I really hate to get this going again, but This article at infoworld was too good a story to resist. Although it looks to be HP bashing at first glance, it does have a happy ending. It also says that HP and Dell can both be just as bad, but it wasn't as kind to Gateway.

Thread Information