dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    Yes, they are just another companies printers with their name on them, but no, we aren't blaming the wrong people. We bought the junk printers from Dell, not any other company. If I put my name on a product that I happen to have paid someone else to make for me, I expect you to blame me.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

I agree.

BOTH companies should be blamed. You all know what I MEANT by the statement.

Isn't this just the way fate works:

Last week I compliment the 1700, today I have to fix one. Actually, we are going to order a replacement.

NICE!

I managed about 75+ 1700/1710's at one time... Never had one problem besides minor crap..over a course of about 7 months or so.
    Last edited by alt; 01-07-2008 at 10:45 AM.

We haven't got that many, but never had anything but good luck with them. I must have just jinxed it! To be fair, this particular printer is probably one of the biggest workhorses in the company. The paper that most commonly uses even has a perforation in the middle, adding a little more wear and tear to it, at least more dust.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    The inside of the computer was the worst rats nest I've seen for years. There was no room inside to hardly use my fingers and cables were just hanging everywhere with no organization. In contrast, I worked on a Dell at my office the following day, actually trying to do the exact same thing as on the HP. All of the cables were run along the sides of the computer and very neatly placed. I was in and out in a tenth of the time as on the HP.
    That's very true. Being a pianist, I have small nimble fingers, but had a very difficult time getting in my HP to change the memory card. Basically, I had to take the whole computer apart to get to the chamber, then had to wrestle within a 4mm space to get the card out. Also, they don't tell you, but your memory cards in an HP are in two totally different spots - another pain in the rear. It shouldn't be that difficult. When I dissembled my Dell to do the same thing, it took about 1/4 the time and the memory cards were right next to each other.

I like my HP and prefer its performance over my Dell, but have to say that the service departments of each company (DELL and HP) are horrible, horrible, horrible. I've always found nearby techie teenagers much more help than contracted company dolts.

Hmmm, for some reason I only JUST got a notification for a post her this afternoon - and look at all these new posts!

OK, printers, printers, printers.... Our old computer had no printer. My dad wasn't buying one. So I decided to buy an HP printer (it was the cheapest one available, and I was like 9 and I had no idea what the difference was ) with my own money. However many years it's been (probably four to six), we've NEVER had a problem with that printer. I just change the cartridges, put paper in it, and it does its job. It almost never jams up or just stops working for no reason. That's just a basic printer, too, so maybe that's why....

My dad had a Dell All in One printer. A 240 or something like that. And it was terrible; always jamming, giving error messages on the computer that even I had no idea what they meant.... And there was this "Cartridge Stall" every time he tried to print something. And cartridges didn't last that long, either. And he couldn't send faxes to his work.... It was just a dreadful thing. He went through three of those printers.

When the last one broke, we had had that HP printer I talked about before for a couple years with no problems, and great cartridge life, everything I talked about before. So I talked him in to getting an HP printer. It's an OfficeJet 6200, or something along the lines of that. And absolutely NO problems... better printing results, easier to use, overall better designed, no strange error messages (actually none at all), no "Cartridge Stall"s.... It's been perfect. And our other HP printer is still going.

As a matter of fact, just today my dad's new Dell laptop came in. That was the reason, actually, that I was doing that smallest laptop research. It's a lot sturdier than his old laptop (also a Dell). It has a solid state hard drive, which no other manufacturer offers. I'll give Dell that.

However, it has an external CD drive, gets very hot, has a dozen different adapters and cords... we haven't even figured out how to assemble the AC adapter. It's going on battery life as of right now (apparently it'll be 9 hours, we'll see). But, as I said, at least it's sturdier than his last one.... But not as sturdy as my HP laptop, and it comes NOWHERE close to a Lenovo laptop!

OK, that's my latest Dell/HP rant.

Hating inanimate objects is something you should investigate with a therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisjw
    Hating inanimate objects is something you should investigate with a therapist.
    If you think that in my case, then WOW, do you have a lot of people to talk to.

Durability- Both Dell and HP are good at this factor. Hp will give you better battery life thn dell and dell will give you overall better performance thn Hp.

Customer support-
    This vote goes to dell. They have the best CS. During warranty period they will fix your pc at your home. You can expand the warranty also. And whether under warranty or not you will always have 247 calling customer support. On the other hand hp is just doing ok here.

Price-Hp takes this vote. They are slightly cheaper then the dell.

Personally I would go with dell. I have stated these statements from my experience. I have both dell and hp in my family.

Mine was HP and I never had a Dell, fair enough? ^_^

Thread Information