www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

I once melted a green skittle in welding class. After the flames died away it remained as green as it was before and was stuck to the welding bench. Even with a big hammer I was unable to remove it.
    Four things to survive a nuclear blast: roaches, Skittles, Twinkies and HP computers!
    Last edited by Sunny G; 08-31-2005 at 10:25 AM.

The school I work at just got a load of new computers (30 actually, of which I built 18), they bought all of the parts indiidually 'cause it was cheaper that way.

But one of the newer servers in the main technicians office is a Dell, when I asked why he bought Dell instead of making his own he said because of the customer support. Apparently, if any componant in the server fails and needs to be replaced, Dell will either get that componant to the school within 24 hours, or failing that they'd have a new server over. No questions asked, any time day or night.

That to me seems pretty impressive so I'd have to give my vote to Dell, I don't know if HP have the same support or even if they make servers, so I'ma stick with Dell. Btw, whoever said that HP make better monitors, check this out. 20.1" LCD monitor, 16ms response time, 1600x1200 @ 76Hz with looks to die for.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Well, our family HP monitor is pretty.

My HP pavilition T360a PC looks MEAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny G
    I
    Four things to survive a nuclear blast: ****roaches, Skittles, Twinkies and HP computers!
    Lol

Alotta sugar foods like twinkies would survive a nuc.

Why do I buy some dell & some custom built computers for my company and others?

<start rant>
    Well lets see, hmmm, if i were to be on a boat and drop my laptop into the ocean, dell will have another one for me as soon as possible. I dont see newegg giving anything like that

dont get me wrong, i love newegg and when i shop there i save money. But when I want assurance that if a crucial piece of equipment was to break, I could easily get it replaced @ no charge and in a hurry. you have to love that, not sure if hp really offers anything like that???

<crazy mode>
    if you have ever owned or seen a pavilion, you know that you want to kick it then light it on fire with some gasoline.
    </crazy mode>

in my opinion dell makes very nice computers. Of course they do have low end computers. If you buy a $300 computer and expect it to be fast, your just dumb! Im sure the same is with hp.

when it comes down to it, its the reliabilty of the parts, and the service after the computer has been delivered.
    </end rant>

Quote Originally Posted by intdev
    when it comes down to it, its the reliabilty of the parts, and the service after the computer has been delivered.
    Dell makes none of the parts and their customer service bites. (No pun intended)
    I do agree with you about replacing parts, up to the whole computer. That is pretty cool. I don't know if HP does that though. I'll start a list of things I should call or Email them about!

HP does have a 1 year warranty on their computers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny G
    Dell makes none of the parts and their customer service bites. (No pun intended)
    I do agree with you about replacing parts, up to the whole computer. That is pretty cool. I don't know if HP does that though. I'll start a list of things I should call or Email them about!

HP does have a 1 year warranty on their computers though.
    See previous posts for full version concerning differences in HP and Dell support.
    Short version:
    HP - 3 hour long phone calls and 3 weeks to just get an AC adapter replaced.
    Dell - 1 call and 24 hrs to have a new DVD drive.

Sunny G, you complained many posts ago that nobody who voted for Dell was giving any specifics. Several of us have. How about some specifics from your vast years of experience, other than just Dell sucks, excuse me, bites?

Good point... I'm a complainer, what can I say?

A dell bited my floppy disk in half and refused 2 give it back..
    Killing all my work ARRRRRRRR!
    (im ok)

Quote Originally Posted by Mausau2000
    A dell bited my floppy disk in half and refused 2 give it back..
    You mean bit?

Dell customer service reps are dumb asses who don't listen to people who know what they're doing. Its like man, my motherboard is friggin fried. I know this. I know computers. But of course, they put me through the noobie instructions which take like 5 hours.

It seems that HP is coming out with much better laptops in my opinion. If you really search between the two, especially on the tiny, compact notebooks, you'll see that HP is giving a much better deal. (At the moment of course). Plus, they just look nicer.

And yes, HP screens are amazing.

Sunny, stop blatantly using this thread to up your post count.

Quote Originally Posted by theuedimaster
    Sunny, stop blatantly using this thread to up your post count.
    Thats Sunny G and I'm not using this up up my post count!

Quote Originally Posted by theudimaster
    HP screens are amazing.
    Soooo true. I love my HP monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    How about some specifics from your vast years of experience, other than just Dell sucks, excuse me, bites?
    Well, in junor high lots of the computers were Dells. They were all running Win2000 and alot of the time would freeze and bars of random colors would scroll across the screen. The monitors were fuzzy (dell) and the keyboards were really crummy. Now in highschool, the better computers are Dells (I'm sad to say).
    Keep in mind that my dad works at HP so I'd be crazy to support Dell.
    HP makes their own technology (Ink jet printer, lightscribe) and Dell just uses other companies tech. Unlike Dell, HP pushes the boundaries of Technology!

Y would anyone post 2 get their post count up what would be the point???I still havn't gt a rply from Dell about my "problem" expect 4 lots of spam...

Thread Information