www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

OMG, I've been looking through notebooks lately, and the HP small notebook model is AMAZING!
    Aren't they though? I really want an HP notebook for college. That'll be nice.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *
    *||__ , * * * * * * * * (o)>
    \___/ * * * *\___/ * * * * * * *___//
    iiiiLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiii_/_|iiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~ \___/~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by theuedimaster
    Why in God's name did you leave that sticker on the LCD Monitor? AH!
    How about because I was still moving stuff around and didn't want to damage the screen.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

<sarcasm> Dell Laptops r mean!!!! the new and improved Gameing laptops from dell have a clock speed of 2.3mhz and 512mbs of ram with a 64mb intergrated radion graphic's card all 4 $2000 </sarcasm>
    My HP handles HDTV.
    This dell that i am working on is rattleing its floppy drive. It is a school PC so it is proply filled with Spyware Virus's etc
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Umm Any computer can have loads of Spyware and viruses... and who uses Floppy -_-

My schools PC's r so old u could get a very grunty PC by selling them as vintage PC's
    I don't think i will be plugging my usb key in this...
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Just over a week ago I got a brand new PCI-Express SATA RAID card, the HighPoint RocketRAID 1820A, cost me just over £150 from scan.co.uk.

Inside the box, apart from the RAID card and SATA cables, were 4 floppy discs. 3 for installing the RAID management software and 1 for the drivers.

My motherboard has an onboard SATA RAID controller, before Windows will recognise my 160Gb SATA HDD (which is connected to my motherboard) I need to put the floppy disc in and install the drivers for it. (I've had to do this several times in the past during Windows setup because I used to install to the 160, but now I use an 80Gb ATA drive).

Whenever I decide that Windows is running so unbearably slow that I need to re-install, I don't just format and re-install, I DBAN and re-install. Although granted, DBAN can also be burned to CD and used that way, I choose to use the floppy disc version. It also came in very handy when I was working at a secondary school and there were a few PC's that were FUBAR until DBAN came along, and at the school 99% of the PC's don't have CD-ROM drives.

Ghosting PC's from an image can save sooooo much time, especially when you have 30 PC's. Rather than setting them all up individually you just set one up then take an image of it's hard drive, then you can use that image on all the other PC's. How do you access Ghost? Well at the school they had a network boot disk (a floppy disc) which booted to DOS and then ran a batch file which mapped a couple of network drives on the server and then ran ghost from the server. At home I use one floppy disc to get it to a DOS prompt then map the network drives manually (usually different every time, sometimes I don't map any) then I pop another floppy disc in and load ghost from that.

I use floppy discs quite a lot. They're an old and comparatively unreliable way of transporting small amounts of data, and they're extremely useful.

Edit: Just thought I'd add, that I'm actually using that RAID card in a normal PCI slot in another PC, the only reason I got a PCI-E card was because I didn't see a SATA RAID card that wasn't, but since PCI-E works in both PCI and PCI-E slots, I figure I may aswell get the PCI-E card incase I decide to upgrade my server in future.

Also, since my server runs Linux not Windows, all 4 floppy discs are useless as they contain software and drivers for Windows only (but that's besides the point).
    Last edited by David Harrison; 09-13-2005 at 01:56 AM.

I use floppy discs quite a lot. They're an old and comparatively unreliable way of transporting small amounts of data, and they're extremely useful.
    ????
    how could anyone use such olllld technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausau2000
    ????
    how could anyone use such olllld technology.
    Did you just skip right to the end or something?

Wa??

Floppys

Old man @ my work gave me a floppy disk and said it could not read cos it said the disk is not formatted. He had stuck the label on the top part of the disk.

Oh dear flash dives are the dogs bollocks when it comes to smallscale file porting etc.

Web Standards Make Sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Mausau2000
    Wa??
    OK, this is pretty much how it went:

Me: Big list of reasons and explanations as to why floppy discs are useful.
    You: "how could anyone use such olllld technology."
    Me: "Did you just skip right to the end or something?"

Does that clear anything up?

Dude, floppy discs bite (No pun intended). They'll work on one computer, and the next will say it needs to be formatted. I use my USB key for ALL my data storage, like All the documents I make for school, a copy of each of my websites are on there and a bunch of other random things are there. Floppy discs don't work for me.
    I love my USB key and my USB key loves me.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *
    *||__ , * * * * * * * * (o)>
    \___/ * * * *\___/ * * * * * * *___//
    iiiiLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiii_/_|iiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~ \___/~~~~~~~~~

Same here USB keys rule
    Does anyone know how 2 make USB keys autorun i use autorun.inf and that didn't work...
    OK, this is pretty much how it went:

Me: Big list of reasons and explanations as to why floppy discs are useful.
    You: "how could anyone use such olllld technology."
    Me: "Did you just skip right to the end or something?"

Does that clear anything up?
    no

Then I'm mildly concerned about your state of mental health...

lol

Thread Information