www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: What company manufactures a superior computer? Dell or HP?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

38 46.91%
  • HP

43 53.09%
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Hp Vs. Dell battle

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Of course, others keep it alive now more than you.
    Lol
    Dell Vs HP
    Dell = Bad DONT VOTE 4 IT
    HP = Good VOTE 4 IT

Yes Reagrnging keys is fun or downladoign programs that do that

Jick if u smash Dell VS HP with digidatal camera can u Smash
    Dell first Plese
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

My grandparents are thinking about purchasing their first computer.
    AND they are going HP

yeah, I had to post again.
    Last edited by Sunny G; 11-30-2005 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Uhm........ I dunno.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *
    *||__ , * * * * * * * * (o)>
    \___/ * * * *\___/ * * * * * * *___//
    iiiiLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiii_/_|iiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~ \___/~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by G
    yeah, I had to post again.
    Actually, I'm glad you did. I wanted to post something, but wasn't willing to resurrect the thread myself.

I actually told someone to by an HP yesterday! This was not because HP is a superior product in any way, it was just that the price of a system was lower for a change.

Both Dell and HP are still lousy computers for the most part, but the average non-tech user should simply buy whatever is cheaper. Anyone wanting an actual good computer should either build it themselves or pay out the a$$ for someone else to do it for them.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    I actually told someone to by an HP yesterday!
    You have learned well young grasshopper...

Yes, hp and dell both bite, but it is a mattter of which one bites less
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *

After installing it for them today, Dell bites less. Many more mandatory screens to go through. One in particular really ticked me off. Question was something along the lines of "Do you wish to purchase extended warranty now?" Possible choices to answer:

1. Yes
    2. No, I have already purchased extended warranty and wish to register now.
    3. Not at this time. Send me more information to make my decision later.

There was no box to just check no. My only consolation is that the junk email won't be coming to me, but to the person I installed the computer for.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    3. Not at this time. Send me more information to make my decision later.

There was no box to just check no.
    I can't believe we as consumers let companies get away with this! It's absolutely insane to me that there is no way to just opt out. You can't just say no. You have to say, now, I've already done it, or spam me about it until I cave later... Dell is no better. Heck, I have Adobe Acrobat view 6 and to upgrade to 7 I HAVE to install Yahoo! Toolbar with the upgrade! When you select upgrade to 7, it automatically selects the toolbar with it. From there you can deselect the upgrade, but you can't deselect the toolbar!

It's infuriating, and marketting such as this should be boycotted whenever the opportunity is given. This is my opinion, but I just don't have the energy to truely boycott and find alternatives to PDF viewers for at home (at work is not an option since I don't make the software decisions) and I already don't buy HP or Dell but when I get a laptop, I'll have to buy from somewhere... Alienware is looking better...

Upon further review...
    I'll defend HP, only slightly, this morning since I was in a very bad mood when finished with that computer yesterday. The company it was installed at won't be getting spammed by hp. I forgot, email address was an optional field that I left blank. They will be getting spammed by snail mail since an address of some kind had to be entered. I'm still mad that there was no option to just say NO.

Not that Dell is a better computer or even a better company, but I don't remember any screens like that one when installing a Dell. I've installed around 30 Dells at our company in the last year with no major problems and only 2 minor ones. Both problems were fixed within 24 hrs, one by sending me a complete new computer.

As far as letting companies get away with this, I suppose you get what you pay for and this company wanted the cheapest computer they could get.
    Jon

Aha Dell have an Eula that u have to aggre b4 u use the PC... The Terms and conditons r on the PC HDD but u can't read it!!!!

Dells also used the CD-ROM drives that looked like the ones on Car sterios. When they got dry they Scracthed Disks

I also am annoyed at companys that imply very very unsutitley 4 u 2 get stuff Adobe Actrobat and HP is annoying in useing that Yet i think Dell may of done something like that...
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Yeah... HP also has a great history (1940's +).
    It invented the ink jet printer, created the lightscribe, and made the first pocket calculator. Dell imports cheap electronics, and has a warranty to compensate.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *

Lol
    One thing i hate is the programs Dell and HP put on that NO-ONE USES
    HP has a Desciption of it's random Files , Dell doesn't.
    Dell's logo also looks Dry and discusting HP looks a Tad better

For christmas, my dad got us an 26" HDTV LVD TV made by HP
    I don't see Dell making TVs. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *

Dell don't make TV's after dogpliing it

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny G
    For christmas, my dad got us an 26" HDTV LVD TV made by HP
    I don't see Dell making TVs. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausau2000
    Dell don't make TV's after dogpliing it
    And this has what to do with making a good computer?
    HP makes great printers - I wouldn't recommend any other.

btw, will this thread never be left to die? Everything worth saying is in the first 2 pages. To summarize HP vs Dell, who cares? Only buy either of them if you want something cheap and inexpenxive and are good at understanding accents if you need customer service. If you actually want a good computer that does everything you actually need, build it yourself or hire someone you trust to do it for you.
    Jon

both dell and hp suck, build your own computer

my mom has an compaq pasario that she paid $1200 for

i built my computer for $400 and my computer is 4 times faster and better, and twice as ugly lol

To reapeat a sentance that has said millions of times b4 This is about Dell vs HP not
    Dell vs HP vs Home-made

Thread Information