www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: window keeps popping up :( WHY

window keeps popping up :( WHY

Please help me. I am getting this window that keeps popping up and I am about ready to throw this computer out my window. The message reads
    "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page. you have not sent your message. are you sure you want to discard it". How can I get rid of this. Please help me.......................

Does this happen here or at some other site. I couldn't reproduce it here in the way I thought it would be happening.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

I have seen it in javascript on function winClose()...so you might turn off javascript in your browser to test it.
    css/xhtml firefox dsl ubuntu

I'm glad I've found someone else with this problem - I also have the same message popping up. I notice that in my history tab, there are entries for mail.google.com continually being added when I do not even use that site. I somehow managed to be sent to a logged on google mail page for someone I didn't know. It seems like someone is using my PC to send spam emails, although I have Norton Personal Firewall running, spyware blaster, and I have checked out and cleaned my PC up with Spybot and Bazooka - I'm going mad here! Anyone else got any ideas, aside from a complete reboot?

Looks like it could be spyware - google groups discussion

Just for the benefit of anyone else who is having this problem and has found this thread - I have managed (I think) to remove this bug. It appeared to be a very malicious trojan/backdoor application which was hijacking IE, sending out spam and very likely picking up passwords along the way.

I downloaded Spyware doctor from pctools.com and although an unregistered version doesn't allow for automatic removal of the dodgy files and registry keys, it does give you the location, so manual removal can be carefully done.

There's too many files to list on here (and it may be different for other people) so my recommendation would be to download spyware doctor, it did the trick for me and I'm hardly a whizz on computers.

jacksutton

Quote Originally Posted by moomer43 View Post
    Please help me. I am getting this window that keeps popping up and I am about ready to throw this computer out my window. The message reads
    "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page. you have not sent your message. are you sure you want to discard it". How can I get rid of this. Please help me.......................
    Don't think it's a virus/trojan. I have MSE microsoft essentials security and it works great. still have that @#^% pop up tho. The only way I have found to beat it is to "log off" takes seconds and it is gone. try it.

I think you have some instance of gmail open, like a mail reader or something. Also, I wouldn't be surprised it was a virus sending spam email thru gmail lol but who knows.
    -JC

browser issue

try reinstalling whatever internet browser you are using. it might be a simple javscript to spyware. there are loads of free stuff on the internet... google it mate.

hope this helps

Thread Information