www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] adopting htmlgoodies 3column css layout - float right wont work?

resolved [RESOLVED] adopting htmlgoodies 3column css layout - float right wont work?

Hey peoples,

I have adopted the htmlgoodies CSS 3-column template from the website and noticed that in the css code it has
    #content div {
    float:left; }
    This sets up the site nicely to have CSS layout. But when, in the main content section/column, I want to have an image float to the left of text(As I have tried to do in the page I have linked below) the image(or box in this case) just floats left. It seems as if the content div takes precedence over any float commands inside it. I am restarting my hobby in web-development and in CSS, and I would really appreciate any help regarding this issue. Also, if anyone feels like telling me if I am going about the design in an efficient manor regarding CSS use, or how I could do so, would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,

Example of what's going wrong is:
    http://www.freewebs.com/that0nesite/yak/index.html
    the CSS sheet I'm using is:
    http://www.freewebs.com/that0nesite/yak/site.css

It looks like it's working right to me. What's the problem, the line wrap under the box?
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

I want the orange box to float right not left as I see. Unless your browser views it differently? Mine shows it float left even though in the CSS I tell it to float right.

It's because your #content div {} is overriding your .floatright {}.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Thread Information