www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] adopting htmlgoodies 3column css layout - float right wont work?

resolved [RESOLVED] adopting htmlgoodies 3column css layout - float right wont work?

Hey peoples,

I have adopted the htmlgoodies CSS 3-column template from the website and noticed that in the css code it has
    #content div {
    float:left; }
    This sets up the site nicely to have CSS layout. But when, in the main content section/column, I want to have an image float to the left of text(As I have tried to do in the page I have linked below) the image(or box in this case) just floats left. It seems as if the content div takes precedence over any float commands inside it. I am restarting my hobby in web-development and in CSS, and I would really appreciate any help regarding this issue. Also, if anyone feels like telling me if I am going about the design in an efficient manor regarding CSS use, or how I could do so, would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,

Example of what's going wrong is:
    http://www.freewebs.com/that0nesite/yak/index.html
    the CSS sheet I'm using is:
    http://www.freewebs.com/that0nesite/yak/site.css

It looks like it's working right to me. What's the problem, the line wrap under the box?

I want the orange box to float right not left as I see. Unless your browser views it differently? Mine shows it float left even though in the CSS I tell it to float right.

It's because your #content div {} is overriding your .floatright {}.

Thread Information