dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: discussion boards software

discussion boards software

I'm a non-web developer doing some research to write specs for a web site I want to build (have built). The heart of this web site will be discussion groups--similar to the discussion groups on this site, or on many sites: people can ask a question, reply to questions, etc etc.

Does anyone know of any sort of comprehensive listing or comparison of the software packages available to do this, their features, etc? Or perhaps a discussion somewhere (in print or in cyberspace) of the pros and cons of different ones?

As an example of a discussion of a feature: some software like that requires that users disable AdSubtract if they are running it. This site, for example, will not work properly if you have AdSubtract set to "filter". What are the pros and cons of doing it this way?

Does any vendor specialize in selling web site components?

To add to my message above:

does anyone know if there are any vendors who specialize in selling components or modules or packages used to build a site? (Or any site that has shareware components used to build sites?)

Re: Does any vendor specialize in selling web site components?

Originally posted by Howard Karten
    (Or any site that has shareware components used to build sites?)
    There are loads of webforums and entire databasebased websolutions you can just download compleatly free.

Here is a related thread.

http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showt...ighlight=forum

Thread Information